Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

College

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

I'm going to be going back to college soon! I cant wait to start!

I'm thinking about taking dance, but I have only taken one dance class and that was when I was in the 6th grade. Is it a bad idea to take dance in college if I'm not really considered a dancer? Has anyone taken it before and are all the people going into it been dancing since they were like 3?

I have always been interested in dance, but my mom would only pay for the one class, after the few months of it she didnt want me to do it anymore. Then I had a baby in high school and just never seemed to be able to get into it again on my own. But the college I might go to has a dance class and I'm thinking it might be fun to do! : )

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:56 PM
You can ask the dance department. My daughter plans to take dance in college. She talks about it all the time and she's only 12. She dances pointe ballet now. By 18 you would not want to be in a class with her level lol.
They may have an intro to dance class you may enjoy, my college did every 4 years for non dance majors. Most of the time it was professional level dancers however and you had to audition to get in.
MWright02
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:14 PM

I think its a great idea, helps you lose weight and get in shape plus its fun. I go to college online and i love it! I can get my work done when the kids are asleep when i have the time rather than when i am scheduled on a campus. The classes are recorded, so if you cant make the live chat you can go back and watch it. I dont have to make any payments untill 6 months AFTER i graduate and i have 10 years to pay it off. It is more expensive but worth it when you work and  have kids. Plus you can use credits from another college or hs and transfer them! Check it out!

nurse1997
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Ok for fun sure ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:13 AM

I would say bad idea but ask first.  I would think it was kids like my dd that danced for 10 years.  DD wants to take adult dance classes at some point.  She won't have to join a gym, just take adult jazz and tap, her favs. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Sounds great! Whats the name of it?

Quoting MWright02:

I think its a great idea, helps you lose weight and get in shape plus its fun. I go to college online and i love it! I can get my work done when the kids are asleep when i have the time rather than when i am scheduled on a campus. The classes are recorded, so if you cant make the live chat you can go back and watch it. I dont have to make any payments untill 6 months AFTER i graduate and i have 10 years to pay it off. It is more expensive but worth it when you work and  have kids. Plus you can use credits from another college or hs and transfer them! Check it out!

MWright02
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:24 PM

American InterContinental University, but there are many other schools who have all classes online you need to find one that best suits you, your needs, budget and work pace. I highly recommend AIU its a great school!

Proud Graduate with a BBA Specializing in HealthCare Management! (while working full time, 3 kids pregnant with 2 of them and gave birth to them while still enrolled!)

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds great! Whats the name of it?

Quoting MWright02:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)