Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

OMG - no helmet!!! no seatbelt!!! - freak out - but...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

let's legalize pot, let teens drink and give condoms out for free to 12 year olds through high school.  

Backwards?  Yes or no?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2014 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2014 at 7:40 AM
Nope
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:26 AM
2 moms liked this
Legalize pot with whatever resrictions are on alcohol.
Teens drink already.
My doctors have a big basket full of condoms in their exam rooms.
I ride a motorcycle without a helmet, and obviously without a seatbelt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this

YEah legalize pot, why not? Its got medical benefits, causes no long term damage, and has never killed anyone. It's less toxic than alcohol or cigarettes (I'd like to see them ban those poisons).

Teens drink, but they shouldn't, so lets not make it ok.

Give condoms to anyone who asks. If they are going to have sex at least let them protect themselves for free. Or we have to allow 12 year olds to get the morning after pill, because they are "too young" for condoms.

GertieK
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:48 AM
2 moms liked this

Big time backwards.  BIG TIME.  We don't seem to care about our kids any more.  Just give them adult priviledges that they are completely incapable of dealing with responsibly, and watch them disintegrate.  Our nation is in the process of imploding, and the dissolution of strong families and values is one of the major problems.  The saddest part is that, even with everything falling apart, the idea of changing what we are doing is just not considered.  IMO, it is because as adults it would require that we look at ourselves and change our own behaviors, etc.  Instead of looking at the process, we need to look at the results, and do something different.  The definition of insanity is:  doing the same thing over and over, but expecting different results.  Our children are our national treasure, and by treating them as though they are little adults who know how to deal with adult responsibilities and privileges, especially when their own parents have not been examples to emulate, we are letting them down.  If we want our country to become strong again, it is up to us to take back our control over our own children/families, live honest, moral lives that demonstrate responsibility and self reliance.  We have absentee fathers, and have become a nanny state.  It makes me sad, and it is a wonder that we have kids that manage to become mature, responsible adults.  I am willing to bet that those who do come from homes with strong parents who have demonstrated good values and work ethics, and expected the same from their children.

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:49 AM
Yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:20 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't like pot heads.  Don't like teen drinkers, don't like pregnant teens, think everyone on a motorcycle should wear a helmet and everyone in a car should use a seatbelt. 

snowangel1979
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Some of those yes they are kinda backwards.

I don't have a problem with the pot. I don't smoke, eat, whatever it but I watched it do wonders for dh's grandmother. She had a inoperable growth (anerisim) and couldn't eat, was in pain, ect. She was down to like 70 something pounds. Her doctor actually said maybe she should try it. She legally went threw the steps and got the medical card and brought some pot butter. She was able to eat, finally gained some weight back and wan't in pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 27, 2014 at 10:07 AM

I agree with pot for medical.  Recreational, no. 

Quoting snowangel1979: Some of those yes they are kinda backwards. I don't have a problem with the pot. I don't smoke, eat, whatever it but I watched it do wonders for dh's grandmother. She had a inoperable growth (anerisim) and couldn't eat, was in pain, ect. She was down to like 70 something pounds. Her doctor actually said maybe she should try it. She legally went threw the steps and got the medical card and brought some pot butter. She was able to eat, finally gained some weight back and wan't in pain.

nurse1997
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Kids and people do all these things already and if they can stop unplanned babies and make a few bucks for taxes on pot than i'm all for it ! 

ladybugchick317
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 10:32 AM

very backwards

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)