Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

she will eventually snap

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I really need some sound advice.

I have a bad temper and no patience.  I have 2 little ones that do not listen to me and I lose my patience and temper REALLY fast. 

I do not hurt my children, but for example yesterday they were not listening AT ALL and I lost my temper slammed my radio in the car and it now does not work.

I keep asking for help and no one seems to be listening to me.  I am sick and tired of losing my temper and patience.  I am under A LOT of stress, we have other issues that cause me stress besides my children not listening

I found out last week that my MIL had the nerve to tell my DH that I will eventually snap and be like whatever it isn't worth the battle.  I told my DH that noooo, it is more like if I snap it is going to be VERY ugly and I do not want to go there.  I would go in the opposite direction my MIL thinks will happen

So, I either get the help I need or I will snap and it won't be pretty. 

I would LOVE to go to counseling or something like that, but my DH is mr. paranoid and feels that if I go in to get help so I have more patience and don't lose my temper as much they will think my kids are in danger - which they are not - and get CPS or the cops involved. 

I dont know where to go or turn to, but I know I need someone I can truly talk to who wont assume something bad is going on.  I really want help and I seriously LOVE my kids.  They are my life, I just need to get this under control.

Any suggestions.

TIA

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:17 AM
Replies (11-18):
ckapps4911
by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this

ok im not in this group but i saw the post and had to comment

i can guarentee that they WILL NOT take your kids from you. after my son was born i got SEVERE postpartum depression. i had panic attacks, depressed, anxiety, sucicidal thoughts...u name it i had it. i was barely able to hold my child for the first 3 months of his life without having a panic attack.

i never got commited

my son never got taken away

he was never harmed....and as far as i remember i never harmed myself (except when it came to the OCD compuslions....thats a long story)

he is now 15 months old and im his primary care giver. were all fine. if i still have my child after all that (it lasted for 6 months and A LOT of medication...which ive been off of for a while) u will be fine

the most ur dr will do is probably prescribe u a benzo (type of medication taken as needed for anxiety and to relax) and hook u up with a local anger management meeting place.

but as for me...i have anger issues too...my dr told me to get checked for bi-polar...after he talked to my husband lol (im not bi-polar..he just annoys me alot lol) generally i count to 10 while focusing on something (wall, statue, picture ect) and then if that doesnt help much ill ask myself a REALLY WEIRD question to make myself laugh. for examples "if bigfoot was real what shoe size would he be?" ive found in my case if i can make myself laugh it works the best. laughter releases all those happy relaxing hormones, it really helps me. then before bed i will surf the web for funny pics or videos and laugh at those so i go to bed in that same fun relaxed mood...better sleep that way and better sleep means more control over emotions.

Dolcepsle
by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Your husband is misinformed. They do not take children away because a mother realizes she's stressed and seeks help so that she can be a better parent.

Talk to your doctor, get a therapist and work on getting some of that stress and anxiety out (exercise, change of diet etc)

Good luck.

Remember; a good mother recognizes her weaknesses and seeks help. A bad mother continues the cycle. YOU ARE A GOOD MOM.
PinkButterfly66
by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 1:38 AM

How are you sleeping?  If you are sleep deprived, you're going to be more stressed out.  When you are stressed out, your body reacts by producing more cortisol.  This in turn can cause quick temper and sleep problems.   There are a couple of herbal supplements you can take to bring down the cortisol levels caused by stress.  Holy Basil is one and Relora is another.   You can take either during the day and at night to help you sleep.  Zinc is another supplement that will bring down elevevated cortisol.  Start by taking 30mg of zinc once or twice a day.  You can combine it with the Holy Basil or Relora. 

indiamom3
by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 1:53 AM

I wish you the best, mama.  It's hard, and sometimes kids can push those buttons better than anyone!  Counselling, whatever helps.  Knowing and talking about having an anger management problem is a HUGE first step.  Good luck!

teresanteens
by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 7:13 AM
I think you are correct about your feelings,you are human and under stress,no court will take your kids away for trying to help yourself,to better your home enviorment. Dont sweep your feeling under the rug,as the old saying goes,if momma aint happy,no ones happy,seek help,you are a good Mom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 29, 2014 at 7:26 AM
I think you should start with your doctor. He will probably refer you to a counselor. They wont just call CPS over getting help. Especially when you say you have never hurt your children. Your husband is misinformed. Just make an appointment. He will get over it.
Tatiana7
by Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 7:29 AM
Some excellent suggestions, indeed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:34 PM
Xanax
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN