Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Where to go? Help

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 1:10 PM
  • 8 Replies
DH said it was ok to do a mother's day getaway, but now I don't know where to go. Choice one is Mystic, CT, in which we would probably visit their children's museum or aquarium and lighthouse. The other option is Montauk, Long Island, in which we would just relax and hang out on the deck or on the beach. They also have a lighthouse (I love lighthouses, lol). I figure DD can play around in the sand or go in the heated pool if she wants.

What do you think?

Edit: I should add that Long Island is $238.88 and Connecticut is $155.40, excluding the museum's and aquarium entrance fees, which aren't a lot.
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
momofsix513
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

My choice would be the Beach!good

DeLaLi
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:41 PM
Bump
Runner36
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:46 PM

I vote for the beach...but if your dd likes to explore then the children's museum would be a good option...sorry...I am sure that did not help :D  How old is your dd?

DeLaLi
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:50 PM
Lol, it's ok. She doesn't get out much and is never around many ppl and children, that's why I thought of Mystic. She's 2.5. I'm just afraid the beach may be too chilly in May. Going there during the warmer months is so expensive!!

Quoting Runner36:

I vote for the beach...but if your dd likes to explore then the children's museum would be a good option...sorry...I am sure that did not help :D  How old is your dd?

Mrseoc
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Well i'm an environmentalist ... and since Montauk is right next to Plum Island. I would go to Mystic CT. If you dont know about Plum Island... go ahead and look it up.

DeLaLi
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:59 PM
Yikes. I didn't know about that island. Hopefully the stuff they were doing hasn't really affected anyone in Montauk. And to think the Hamptons and Montauk is quite expensive...

Quoting Mrseoc:

Well i'm an environmentalist ... and since Montauk is right next to Plum Island. I would go to Mystic CT. If you dont know about Plum Island... go ahead and look it up.

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Mar. 28, 2014 at 4:16 PM

I'd go for Long Island.

DeLaLi
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 4:55 PM
Bumping with pricing information.

I know LI is more, but I guess it seemed really nice. Their heated pool won't be open though, blah.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)