Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

2 periods in one month?

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 5:44 PM
  • 5 Replies
I recently changed the way I eat. I'm eating very low fat, low dairy (only yogurt), low sugar, hardly any beef, mostly chicken, lots of veggies and fruits.
Well now I've gotten my period again for this month. Is this because of my change in diet?
by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Yes, diet change can affect your period. 

But if you just started today (the 29th), are you sure that it's not just the "every 28 days equals 13 periods a year" factor?  If you started the first few days of March, then it's been 28 days (or close to it).

momofthem311
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 6:07 PM
I just counted, it's been 20 days since the last day of my last period. I guess that's not all that crazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, diet change can affect your period. 

But if you just started today (the 29th), are you sure that it's not just the "every 28 days equals 13 periods a year" factor?  If you started the first few days of March, then it's been 28 days (or close to it).

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2014 at 6:41 PM

How many days since the first day of your last period?  You count your cycle from the first day of one period to the first day of the next.  It sounds like you are pretty close to 28 days.

DonsMom03
by New Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:35 AM

I would say that the change in your diet more than likely has changed your period.  It does not seem to be anything to be concerned about. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:40 AM

You count from first day to first day, not last day to first day.  Sounds normal to me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)