Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do some people actually think this way? Mind blown.

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:37 AM
  • 64 Replies
1 mom liked this

I was recently at an event and overheard some women talking about a man they knew that had recently been brought up on child sexual abuse charges.  The children in question (who are now adults) were related to the man.  Anyhow, one of the women said that she didn't understand why the victims came forward.  She then said that these kinds of things are best dealt with within the family.  WTF? My mind was blown!  

Have you ever heard something like this that left you dumbfounded, speechless, and just plain shocked?

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:38 AM
5 moms liked this
Someone needed a bitch slap. Ridiculous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Wow, shocking. 

nurse1997
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Every family is different !

LDavis33
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

What? 

Quoting nurse1997:

nurse1997
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:12 PM

I'm learning and trying not to judge people ..... These adults came out after they were adults not children I don't know all the facts and  neither do u to judge  !

Quoting LDavis33:

What? 

Quoting nurse1997:

youngmomma863
by New Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh my goodness that is disgusting!! I can't understand why anyone would think it should be "dealt within the family"

Quoting LDavis33:

I was recently at an event and overheard some women talking about a man they knew that had recently been brought up on child sexual abuse charges.  The children in question (who are now adults) were related to the man.  Anyhow, one of the women said that she didn't understand why the victims came forward.  She then said that these kinds of things are best dealt with within the family.  WTF? My mind was blown!  

Have you ever heard something like this that left you dumbfounded, speechless, and just plain shocked?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:15 PM
2 moms liked this
This is sad but not the first time I heard people say this, but imo to hide it within the family unit leaves things wide open for it to happen again
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:30 PM
3 moms liked this

regardless if every family is different or even if this is a false claim ,I don't know the particulars of this case however studies show that" dealing with  in the family " or in other words keeping your mouth shut about it the cycle continues the victims dosent get help a new generation is abused or become abusers themselves and the perpetrator doesn't get prosecuted  . Its not about judging its about justice for the abused and breaking the cycle and these things cant happen until things like this are brought into the light and stopped and victims get treatment which they cant do if they are not talking about it outside the family .

Quoting nurse1997:

Bonnie_
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:36 PM
2 moms liked this

A lot  of times   people  who  say this have issues  within their own  family  and are afraid of the shame  of it  being  brought to public knowlege.    They  don't  understand  that the victim  of such abuse  needs   to have  it  brought to light  so they  can    receive their justice to  help with the healing process.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:45 PM
8 moms liked this
If it was "dealt with" in my family the bastard would be dead
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)