Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

No period in three years?...

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:16 AM
  • 14 Replies
I know I'm not a mom but I need help with this. Okay so this may be a little lengthy. I had my first period when I was 12... I had it regularly through august, September, and October then it kind of just... Went away. I'm now 15, almost 16, and I still haven't had it again. I talked to my mom but she sounds like she could care less and when I broke my ankle I went to a hospital and the nurse asked about my period and I told her everything that was going on and she said she'd have to talk to me afterward but then she got rushed out to help other patients... I just don't know what to do.
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mariesmama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:07 AM

i'd tell your mom to take you to the dr

Megan11587
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:08 AM

go to the health department in your area.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:11 AM

I didn't have mine for 7 months so I was put on birth control.  If you don't get your period it can cause cancer.  Do some research and tell your mom.

SidneyT
by New Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:18 PM
I have been researching for months but it's impossible to know what is the truth on the internet.

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't have mine for 7 months so I was put on birth control.  If you don't get your period it can cause cancer.  Do some research and tell your mom.

fraujones
by Mommytron on Apr. 4, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Maybe ask your school nurse. If your mom won't take you to a health care provider, maybe the nurse can help set something up, or at least pressure your mom into taking you. 

Do you struggle with an eating disorder? Sometimes periods go away when girls starve themselves. 

SidneyT
by New Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:10 AM
I'm homeschooled and no i most definitely don't starve myself... I love food (:

Quoting fraujones:

Maybe ask your school nurse. If your mom won't take you to a health care provider, maybe the nurse can help set something up, or at least pressure your mom into taking you. 

Do you struggle with an eating disorder? Sometimes periods go away when girls starve themselves. 

fraujones
by Mommytron on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:45 AM
I was homeschooled as a teen too. Does your family take you to an annual doctor's appointment? I'd talk to your mom again. It is a concern, and I feel bad that you are seeking out other moms online to help you because your own mom won't listen :/

Quoting SidneyT: I'm homeschooled and no i most definitely don't starve myself... I love food (:

Quoting fraujones:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Go to Planned Parenthood if your Mother is not concerned about your health. This is not normal. When that happened to me, my period stopped for a few months and I had to get a prescription for a medication from my Dr. to start it again.

mrsericaselke
by New Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Well, if it helps, I started my period when I was 9...yeah.  I had the same problem you did.  I would have mine for a little while, then it would stop.  Finally, once it did start every month, they were REALLY bad.  Severe cramps, vomiting, really heavy.  My point is, I HAD to go see a doctor.  They put me on medication to regulate my periods and I was on it for awhile...up until early adulthood.  If you're mother won't take you, go to your school nurse, or a free clinic.  May I ask, where is your dad?  I know it may seem weird been a young girl, but if mom won't help, maybe dad will. ;-)

mrsericaselke
by New Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Also, are you an athlete of any kind??  Runner?  Gymnast??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)