Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Dd makes my stomach churn...

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:37 AM
  • 24 Replies
I'll start by saying my dd is kinda weird for a four year old. From watching the presidential debates because "they're talking mommy" to eating clams, raw, by the dozen she certainly isn't a typical child. So today dh, dd and I were sitting in our blanket fort (it's our first CO snow) watching diners, drive-ins and dives and a restaurant came on where the guy was about to make head cheese. So dd is staring at the tv while this guy pulls out a huge pig head, cooks it, cuts it and then puts it in a loaf pan and tops it with the fatty juices so that it jells up to make head cheese. The whole time I'm watching this, I'm trying hard not to gag, it looked disgusting all gelatinous and seeing his tongue and brain and everything. Dd on the other hand is licking her lips saying oh yummy look mommy. That's how I like my pig heads. Then she got mad because she wanted to make some and I said no way. She even told my mom over the phone that I was mean because I wouldn't give her any head cheese. Yeah.. Maybe it's amazingly tasty, but i don't think so.

So what's the weirdest thing that your child's ever eaten or wants to eat?
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:49 AM
2 moms liked this
You can control what she watches and eats, ya know;)
LorinLizziesMom
by New Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:13 AM
2 moms liked this
Perhaps she is going to be a chef or a scientist when she gets older. Don't squash her interesting little mind, but instead try explaining how she has to think about how she says things. It is hard now but she will understand as she gets older.
myloveismyfaith
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah.. There's absolutely nothing wrong with triple d, it's a cooking show and if she wants to watch presidential debates, why would I stop her? As for what she eats, if she wants to try new things instead of being stuck on hotdogs and grilled cheese. I'm happy. I love that I have a child that is willing to eat pretty much anything (that isn't too spicy) from vegetables to seafood to head cheese. Someone finds head cheese delicious since it's their top seller, I think it's a little weird for my tastes but if we ever went there I wouldn't have a problem giving it to her.

Quoting iamcafemom83: You can control what she watches and eats, ya know;)
Tatiana7
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 10:42 AM
She sounds like she has a wide variety of interests!
myloveismyfaith
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly it wouldn't surprise me. She loves to help in the kitchen, from cutting with her lettuce knife to mixing everything in. She climbs up on her stool and helps me out. I didn't mean this to come off as if I was against it. I found it quite funny that she would be wiling to try something new, especially something, that I think would turn most kids off and certainly turned me off. If she ever wanted to try it and we were at someplace that made it, I would let her, I'm just not making it or cooking it.

Quoting LorinLizziesMom: Perhaps she is going to be a chef or a scientist when she gets older. Don't squash her interesting little mind, but instead try explaining how she has to think about how she says things. It is hard now but she will understand as she gets older.
MotherOF5Cuties
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
That sounded really gross.. But your dd is funny tho
myloveismyfaith
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Without a doubt! She just loves to explore and try new things, I try to let her take time to explore her world, bring her to a variety of places and answer her questions when she wants to know about something new.

Quoting Tatiana7: She sounds like she has a wide variety of interests!
PinkButterfly66
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 10:48 AM

You can buy head cheese at the deli.  My Krogers has it.  It looks like chopped up meat all jelled up. You can get her some to try.

myloveismyfaith
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Do I have to cook it!? I know it sounds trivial but I don't think I could cook it myself. I just can't get past the jelled up look, I have issues eating jello jigglers because of the texture.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

You can buy head cheese at the deli.  My Krogers has it.  It looks like chopped up meat all jelled up. You can get her some to try.

PinkButterfly66
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

No, it is already cooked.

Quoting myloveismyfaith: Do I have to cook it!? I know it sounds trivial but I don't think I could cook it myself. I just can't get past the jelled up look, I have issues eating jello jigglers because of the texture.
Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN