Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Does everyone have a soulmate?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:35 PM
  • 33 Replies
Hello everyone! So this is my first post ever, but what the hell, right?

Today at work, one of the my co-workers (a female) got on the subject of love and soulmates and stuff like that, and in the midst of conversation, she said that she truly believes that every single person has a soulmate that they are completely compatible with and were basically made for them.... All but one other co-worker disagreed with her theory and I didnt really know what I thought of it, but found it to be a rather interesting topic.
I'm just curious on what others think about this? Do you think there is really someone out there for everyone that is truly a soulmate created for them entirely, or is it all just a bunch of hoo haw? Lol
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:36 PM
Yes I believe in soul mates.
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:43 PM
I agree

Quoting Anonymous: Yes I believe in soul mates.
nurse1997
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:44 PM

I do

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Yes, and sometimes more than one if you are widowed and remarry.  You can be lucky enough to find 2. 

NativeMamaDuke
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:56 PM

I'd like to think so. Sometimes it freaks me out of how much my SO and I are so compatable. We annoy each other in perfect harmony hahaha As he would say "You will be the death of me woman! and that's ok!" Of course he purely being goofy :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2014 at 10:33 PM

i used to believe this.. but recently i have started to second guess the idea.. i also used to believe in love at first sight.. i was recently involved in a relationship that i thought was going great.. he was nice, treated me well, then all of a sudden he just seemed to become possive like over nite.. for example we were talking on fb the one day and he was typing a long response to sometime i said or asked him and i happen to look down at my computer clock and noticed it was late (way past r normal lunch time) so i wrote "brb babe, i got to go get lunch started" and about half hour later, after i had finished making lunch, and set my dd plate on the table 4 her, i decided to check my computer quickly.. to my dismay i had three new messages from my new bf.. i don't recall what the other two said, but the one was long, and drawn out, and he was basically b*tching at me 4 not letting him know i had stepped away from my computer.. and i was floored.. i was pissed.. i was like "wait a second i did tell u, i was going away from my computer and besides last time i checked, i did not know i need to report my every move to u.. s.o.b,"..

it was the shortest relationship i have ever been in, it only lasted 22 days.. i mean w.t.h was his problem..

i mean he knew going to the relationship, that i am a soul, single, parent to my beautiful 2 1/2 yr old dd.. he said he did not have a problem with that.. and i was never this controlling toward him...

so now i just am not sure, there is a soul mate, out there 4 everyone..

JTE11
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:21 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't believe in soulmates. I think that there are so many people in the world that there are probably lots or at least several people that any given person could connect deeply with, and that the rest of the relationship depends on the work the two people put into it. People can get very unhappy in life when they feel they haven't met their 'soul mate' and keep passing up great relationships because they are expecting some kind of Disney magic to be happening. So...hoo haw, lol!

Its.me.Sam.
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:59 AM

i dont believe in soul mates.
i think we are attracted to people and are either very compatible and we either stick with them and work on the relationship and become a team and make a life with them or we move on to the next person (or in many sad cases stick with a person even though the relationship may have run its course).

Jlee4249
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 3:21 AM

I believe you can drop off someone into any town/city in the world (with no language barriers) and that person will find someone their attracted to within the year.  Whether its by convenience, process of elimination, or genuine attraction...  I tell my kids that all the time to try to avoid the drama of I'm-in-love-at-14 thing.  I like to believe in the possibility of pretty much everything, so I suggest the possibility of their sole mate by letting them know that I didn't meet mine until I was 24 and half way across the globe in a war zone, where I met a man from a state three states away from my hometown.  The only way we ever could have met was traveling around the world and ending up in the same spot at just the right time.  He is my exact opposite in the best way.  So, yeah... 

cj123573
by New Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 3:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly this

Quoting JTE11:

I don't believe in soulmates. I think that there are so many people in the world that there are probably lots or at least several people that any given person could connect deeply with, and that the rest of the relationship depends on the work the two people put into it. People can get very unhappy in life when they feel they haven't met their 'soul mate' and keep passing up great relationships because they are expecting some kind of Disney magic to be happening. So...hoo haw, lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)