Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

UPDATE!!! Dealing with mysterious chronic illness :( Long vent/story Post

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 5:53 PM
  • 6 Replies

UPDATE!!! Praise the Lord I have answers! I surprisingly have C. Diff, Klebsiella bacteria, imbalanced Alpha hemolytic strep, overgrowth of Candida lambica, and my immune system is working too hard, my Secretory IgA was way too high as well. This explains all my crazy digestive issues. Can't wait to start feeling good and eating again! She put me on about 6 things. I can't have dairy, gluten, acidic foods, starches, and sugar until we repeat part of the test in 8 weeks and it comes back normal. I have to be on an alkaline diet of protein and veggies I also have some pH issue as well and my Secretory IgA is way high. My immune system is working too hard and my Thyroid Peroxidase is above normal. She said eventually it would be wise to do a food intolerant test cause I'm obviously intolerant to foods.

My name is Amber, I'm 23 years old and my husband and I had our baby in an ice storm in Georgia 8 weeks ago. I had a good pregnancy, no health issues really. I had my baby on February 13th. I ate some turkey and gravy, stuffing, salad that seemed to have been left out a while cause it didn't look good nor taste good it wasn't even warm. I was so starving that I ate it anyways. Later that day my tummy started cramping and getting really gassy. The following morning I felt really nauseated and abdominal cramps. I pooped three times that day and started feeling bad. After I left the hospital I have been sick since then. My whole body aches, feels like the flu aches in my muscles and joints, nausea, abdominal cramps, gas, really stinky stool, stool has white specks in it, looks fluffy and brownish yellow no appetite, my stomach rarely growls for food unless if I'm really hungry, really bad smell and taste in my mouth that smells exactly like my poop it usually start to taste bad in my throat when I start drinking or eating anything, upper stomach near my esophagus hurts after eating and lasts for hours sometimes, constant lump in throat feeling. I have had a HIDA scan to check my gallbladder, abdominal/pelvis CT scan and ultrasound, my thyroid was checked, CBC all was normal. I have seen a GI dr and he did all those tests and wants to do an endoscopy now. We can't afford it right now. It costs $635 to go towards our deductible. I went to an integrative medicine dr and she is checking all my thyroid levels, Vit D levels, CBC, Ova + Parasite Exam, and Fecal Reducing Substances.  I saw a new GI yesterday. He is checking my CBC,metabolic panel comp, sed rate westergren,celiac disease profile,amalyse,lipase,c reactive protein,h pylori(h pylori test has to wait for 10 days because I have taken nexium). He said this could be a gastric delay thing and he doesn't want to give me medication though because one causes really bad tremors and the other one has a black label that causes bad arythmias. He wants to take things slow but get to the bottom of this so I don't deal with this for the next 60 years kind of thing. He says it sounds like some kind of irritable bowel thing but it can mimic other diseases though too. He says if these tests don't show anything the next thing to do would be an endoscopy and colonoscopy. But he doesn't want to do it right away cause these blood tests can show something and the h pylori test as well. I'm feeling really upset that I have felt like this since I have had my baby. It's pretty much all I ever talk about now because I'm so frustrated dealing with this and being a new mom.  I have had people in my family tell me it's in my head that nothing is wrong I'm dealing with post partum depression, or saying this will go away on it's own, or saying you will feel goo as new in a couple days... here it is 8 weeks and I'm dealing with worsening symptoms. :( I have tried ignoring the symptoms, going for walks, doing yoga, trying to keep busy, but I still feel the exact same if not worse. I wish a miracle would happen and they figure this out and I get better. I worry that they'll never know, or it'll be too late and I'll actually have something seriously wrong, or then I think I will feel like this forever... It's miserable. I just want to be healthy again and be able to eat good again and not feel sick everytime I eat. The muscle aches hurt all the time, especially in my legs. This whole thing is very heartbreaking to me... :(

by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
indiamom3
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Have they done a stool culture?  Are you running fevers?

bellaa90
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:49 PM

they are checkig my stool dont have results yet no fever

Quoting indiamom3:

Have they done a stool culture?  Are you running fevers?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:21 AM

I'm sorry you are going through this, I watched my mom deal with fibromylgia in the early 90's when no one knew what it was or barely anything about it. She was told it was in her head as well, but finally found a doctor that diagnosed her correctly. She went through therapists, neurologists, brain scans, bone scans etc etc the list goes on. Don't lose hope!

Bonnie_
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:30 AM

OK  try this.  get  some Pedialyte.  Do  not  eat anything  for 24  hours  just  drink lots  of water  and  and the  Pedialyte no  juices.  

Then  on the second  day     some  chicken  broth   with a little  rice in it  and  jello.  Take a tablespoon  of  white vinegar  once in the morning  and  once at night.  Keep  drinking  the Pedialyte.

On the third  day     Take the vinegar  in the  morning.     The soup and rice  for lumch  and then  for dinner   spaghetti  or  some type of pasta  with tomato sauce  no meat  or cheese.  Drink Pedialyte and  green tea.

On the 4th  day  try  going  back  to  your normal eating habits,  only  make the  size  portions  smaller  and   if you  still feel  hungry  eat jello.

Then  see how you are by the 5th day.

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 10:56 AM

I just got done reading Readers Digest article on poison in our food supply. Scary to say the least. I hope they get to the bottom of this SOON. New moms have enough to handle without having other issues.hugs

bellaa90
by New Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 5:32 PM

update!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)