Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I need help, please!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I had to have an emergency hysterectomy in 2004, just aa few weeks after losing our son, I was 16 weeks along. Loooonnngg story short, we saved up enough $ and were finally going to have a baby thru surrogacy. We were going to officially start next week! Now my dh has decided that we aren't meant to have a child. It's just a feeling he has. And, he didn't tell me until last night, tho for the last several weeks he knows I've been compairing. Clinics and everything, making sure we pick the clinic that's best for us. I'm devastated, can't stop crying, can't go near the baby's room. I have no idea how to deal with the fact that I'll never have a baby, let alone accept it. Anyone have any advice? Ideas? Btw, no, I'm not mad at my dh. He doesn't feel the same way as I do, can't bring a baby into a house where one parent really doesn't want him...
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 13, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 4:32 PM
You have a baby's room set up? That's enough to drive anyone without kids crazy.
silverthreads
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry to hear this.  Please consider counseling together.  Find a good counselor and see what the underlying issues are.  This is very late in the "game" to give up.  You deserve to understand what the real feelings are all about.  hug

Bonnie_
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Why don't you try fostering?    There are so many  little ones who  get  jerked around  ending  up in  bad  foster homes  maybe  you  could proved a loving  place  for a child  that really needs it?

DixieL
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:16 PM

Quoting silverthreads:

I am so sorry to hear this.  Please consider counseling together.  Find a good counselor and see what the underlying issues are.  This is very late in the "game" to give up.  You deserve to understand what the real feelings are all about.  hug

I think that is good advice. Maybe talking to someone, will get him to realize  why he doesn't think they are meant to have a baby, and maybe if he talks to someone he will change his mind.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:22 AM

You need to talk your husband about his change of heart. Many couples adopt or use a surrogate when they can't have a child of their own. That doesn't mean they aren't meant to be parents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:25 AM
Why do you have a baby room and no baby weird
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)