Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I'm Going In

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:05 PM
  • 4 Replies

OK..I've decided to go into business for myself.  I am really quite through with working for people who don't respect me.  My god, I got FIRED for repeating a sentence that my pharmacist said to me. Let me tell it briefly.

I no longer have insurance so, when I needed to get pills for a tooth problem I was told it would cost me $265 for 28 pills.  I almost had a heart attack.  After the shock, she found a super super super generic for just $15 with the help of my dentist.  OKKK.  She then went on to ask me if I was a foreigner.  WHAT???  She said that if I was a foreigner I could get on Medicare with little money and even if I am waiting for citizenship.  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.  Although she is Asian, she is a pharmacist and should have known better.  Anyhow, I took that conversation to my job's break room and before I signed in for work, an employee asked how my day was going, I told him.  He responded that this is what makes him so mad with America; they help others before they help us.  And I responded, "even if you are illegal according to that pharmacist."  After my break, I was fired for a misquote..."you said America help illegals before they help us."  WOW.  Even corporate didn't help me.

Now I am in my own business; doing Mary Kay and quite well.  Just two appointments in my first 3 weeks and already got a person to sign up on my team. Only problem is, I can't get that former job out of my head.  Prayer, mediate, it pops in.  Any suggestions?

by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
brendap69
by Bre on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:54 PM

just continue to pray mama u have many more blessings to come!!

bhow
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:59 AM

And the pharmacist got nothing for saying it in the first place?  Wow!  Sorry.  I sure hope the Mary Kay thing works for you as I know it has for others.  Tastefully Simple worked well for me.  Got tired of the foods, I got out of it quite some time ago.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Sorry about the other job. How do you feel about animal cruelty and scientific testing being done on animals? If you're against it, you should consider another product for a home business. Mary Kay claims to be a "Cruelty-Free" company, but because they are a global company they have to adhere to the laws of the other countries they sell in. China is one country that has laws stating their products must be animal tested to be sold in the their country, so Mary Kay does do animal testing.

ladylovemm
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Thank you for the comments...and NO she doesn't do animal testing at all.  Her model is God first, family second, and job third.  Animal testing is also top of her list.  Sorry.  You got wrong information. Plus, you can't sell Mary Kay internationally.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)