Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Did your family have fun when you were growing up?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

I was talking to my sister the other day about this and we both agreed that, while we had a nice childhood, it wasn't very fun.

I can't remember having a birthday party, or doing fun/silly things with my parents, or having any real family traditions.  Everything was so serious in our house, and while my parents seemed happy, nothing felt... lighthearted for lack of a better word.  We did do stuff as a family, but it didn't happen very often.  

I try to do as much fun stuff with my kids as possible.  I go all out for their birthdays (not just presents, but balloons, streamers, noisemakers, cake, favorite meal, the whole nine yards).  I do something fun for every holiday (easter egg hunts, april fools day jokes, green eggs and ham on Dr. Suess day).  And a lot of the time we do silly or fun things just because, you know like camping in the living room, bonfires and backyard fireworks, trips to the zoo.  I really want my children to grow up with a sense of humor and the ability to let loose and have fun and laugh.  

How about you?  Did your family do lots of fun things together?  Do you make it a priority to have fun with your family now?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:57 AM

An awesome childhood. 

gracef282
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 6:44 PM
Yes. Was raised on a farm. Although we never had burthdays while growing up, but we got to do whatever we wanted. So yes we used to have our friends sleepover in the hay barn. Horse riding, go swimming in the river all day. More or less go home when hungry. Miss those days. Drove a tractor at a young age too. A truck when hay making.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)