Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Buzzing your babies head??

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 7:43 PM
  • 16 Replies

So my 8 month old has "peach fuzz" for hair. Well I was talking to a Friend of mine, How I can't wait for my daughter to get enough hair to put bows in her hair or even just for people to stop thinking she's a boy (no matter how much I cover her in pinks) and she was telling me her aunt said to buzz her daughters head so the hair would grow in fuller, longer and faster! 

**Now I'm not saying I'm mad her hairs not coming in "right" for me or that I'm in a rush to change her hair/anything. I was just honestly curious if

1.) any of you heard this before?

2.) Would you do this?

AGAIN, NOT SAYING I'M GOING TO BE DOING THIS, JUST WONDERING YOUR THOUGHTS**

by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 7:43 PM
Edited by
on
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
504bbymami
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this
No way in hell! Omg. Wtf. That baby hair is the sweetest thing ever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaOf3091011
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump. I am curious as well.
NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I cant imagine that shaving a babys head changes the hair folicles but im not a scientist.  Seems like an old wives tale to me.

Luke8212013
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I've heard this also, but I would never do it. I think it's an old wives tale.
Pecuellar
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:46 AM

barrettes wrapped in ribbion will stick in peach fuzz.  Or headbands made from stockings with big bow!  Do not do something you can't take back

mommymendenhall
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 10:06 AM
I've only ever heard that on this site. I wouldn't do it personally. My baby also has just a tiny bit of peach fuzz and is sometimes mistaken for a boy. I don't care. I don't even use headbands or bows (I'm not fond of them and they always fall onto their face).
cdandria
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 10:11 AM

I would have never buzzed my kids hair when they were babies.... no way... let it take it's time growning in.. just thinking someone suggested that is so wrong in my eyes..

HaroldsMom
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 10:42 AM

This

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I cant imagine that shaving a babys head changes the hair folicles but im not a scientist.  Seems like an old wives tale to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2014 at 11:12 AM

In my country (I'm not American) they do that to ALL babies, they "shave" them for that reason.

My dd had peach fuzz hair and my dh said no way you are shaving her, so we didn't, she has now (5 years later) beautiful long curly hair.

AlilKittyKat
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 1:22 PM

I would never do that to my baby (boy or girl). They have barrettes/bows that have like a Velcro backing that you can get and would stick to baby fine hair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)