Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What are you doing this weekend? (4/17)

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:44 AM
  • 86 Replies

I'm going to spend some time with my family this weekend, starting with Grandmother's funeral, then celebrating my youngest daughter's 13th birthday, and ending with a family dinner and Easter egg hunt with the little ones.

easter egg

Are you celebrating Easter this weekend, or will it just be any other weekend for your family?

by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperPickle
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:59 AM

My oldest turns 12 tomorrow so we are having a little family get together and he is having a friend spend the night. Just typical stuff otherwise. DH has his class to teach on Sat. Nice Easter dinner on Sun. Its just us though. We dont do any big Easter stuff.

ladybugchick317
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Kids have an egg hunt at church on Saturday. I am off work tomorrow and spending it at the ball field with my crocheting making monsters and then turn around and picking the kids up early Saturday morning for the hunt and then Sunday making more monsters until time to go to the movies with my mom.

KatCawrse
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 10:05 AM
My mom is coming over on Friday to enjoy a dinner. Then on Saturday we're surprising the kids and going to to see Rio 2. Then Sunday baskets and egg hunt!
balagan_imma
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Tomorrow night we have a friend's MFA art exhibition/reception. And then we'll go to another friend's band performance. They are a really cool a capella group; and we try to go support them whenever we can.

DS1 has a practice AP exam for his computer science class on Sat. DD has a youth group event on Sunday to volunteer at a nursing home; then they'll go back to one of the girl's houses for a chocolate seder to celebrate Passover together.

The so the time where we're not carting kids from place to place will be spent working on the yard and maybe even relaxing.

ela0225
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Saturday we go egg hunt at our church . Sunday we go with the kids adopted grandmom out to eat.
12kyocera
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 10:28 AM
Going over to my man other side of the family for easter this week. I hope everything turn out to be good. I'm not going to eat that much for easter.
Kitty_Myrick
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 10:43 AM

We're having D&D at our house on Saturday because we have yard.  The nerdlings are going to hunt eggs and get sugared up.  Otherwise the same as every weekend.

cat 

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Apr. 17, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Happy birthday to him! My youngest turns 13 Saturday but with the funeral we're not going to be doing much celebrating. We're going to do something special for her on Sunday, though, after dinner and everything to try to make it up to her. We just eat and let the little ones hunt eggs, but it's a lot of fun. What are you having for Easter dinner?

Quoting SuperPickle:

My oldest turns 12 tomorrow so we are having a little family get together and he is having a friend spend the night. Just typical stuff otherwise. DH has his class to teach on Sat. Nice Easter dinner on Sun. Its just us though. We dont do any big Easter stuff.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Apr. 17, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Wow, sounds like a really busy weekend! You crochet monsters?

Quoting ladybugchick317:

Kids have an egg hunt at church on Saturday. I am off work tomorrow and spending it at the ball field with my crocheting making monsters and then turn around and picking the kids up early Saturday morning for the hunt and then Sunday making more monsters until time to go to the movies with my mom.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Apr. 17, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Wow, I bet they'll be really excited to see that movie! I know my girls want to see it, too. How old are your kids?

Quoting KatCawrse: My mom is coming over on Friday to enjoy a dinner. Then on Saturday we're surprising the kids and going to to see Rio 2. Then Sunday baskets and egg hunt!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)