Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Are you affectionate with your kids?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Growing up my parents were always very standoffish and seldom ever hugged me, much less gave me a kiss. I saw other kids with their parents, however, being showered with affection at games, competitions, etc., and I was always jealous of that.

Since I've had my own kids, I've made sure they are always given hugs and kisses and told how much I love them and how proud I am of them every day. My parents still don't get it, though, and my kids are usually kept at arm's length whenever they visit.

Are you affectionate with your kids? Were/are your parents affectionate with you?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2014 at 3:20 PM
Replies (11-20):
Bekki
by New Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Ds and I are cuddled up on the couch right now! Very affectionate here!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:12 AM
I never get enough hugs and kisses form them they actually get annoyed sometimes
jackieb2811
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:17 AM
I was raised by my dad and grandparents. My grandparents did most of the hugs and cuddles.

I show my kids affection. My twins are 6 so I don't have a lot of time left with them and my dd is 11 months so lots of time there lol.

I don't get how parents don't want to grab up their own child they made and hug or kiss them and tell them how much they love them!

Quoting Anonymous:

Growing up my parents were always very standoffish and seldom ever hugged me, much less gave me a kiss. I saw other kids with their parents, however, being showered with affection at games, competitions, etc., and I was always jealous of that.

Since I've had my own kids, I've made sure they are always given hugs and kisses and told how much I love them and how proud I am of them every day. My parents still don't get it, though, and my kids are usually kept at arm's length whenever they visit.

Are you affectionate with your kids? Were/are your parents affectionate with you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Yes, I am very affectionate with my son. I love him so much. He hears often how much I love him, how proud I am to be his mommy and how special he is to me. My parents ( mom and step dad) were affectionate, but not to the degree that I am with my son.
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Not really but to be fair, I am not touchy-feely with anyone. I don't like being touched. I honestly can't remember how it was growing up. 

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Yes we are very affenc and we do give hugs n kisses.
Mommy2Boys0900
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:26 PM

I'm VERY affectionate with my 5 year old. He's my little cuddle bug. My teen, not so much. But he knows i love him.

hazel1922
by New Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Growing up my brothers and I had to fend for ourselves. Our parents were both alcoholics and druggies. We got little attention from them. I have 2 boys and i love them as much as they allow me to. I dont want them to ever feel how myself and brothers felt. My aunt put it perfectly the other day, she said: you spoil your boys with love and affection. Thats the best way to spoil them.
aimlee
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:32 PM

my mom was affectionate to me, but not over the top. my dad not at all. My dh and I are very affectionate to our children. they get hugs and kisses all day long and told I love you over 10 times a day. 

sunflower37
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:43 PM

My parents were not affectionate with me when I was growing up. I am very affectionate with my children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)