Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Are you affectionate with your kids?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Growing up my parents were always very standoffish and seldom ever hugged me, much less gave me a kiss. I saw other kids with their parents, however, being showered with affection at games, competitions, etc., and I was always jealous of that.

Since I've had my own kids, I've made sure they are always given hugs and kisses and told how much I love them and how proud I am of them every day. My parents still don't get it, though, and my kids are usually kept at arm's length whenever they visit.

Are you affectionate with your kids? Were/are your parents affectionate with you?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2014 at 3:20 PM
Replies (31-40):
diaperstodating
by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 1:16 AM
Yes and yes.
jjchick75
by Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 1:21 AM
My parents were very affectionate and I hug and kiss my kids and tell them I love all the time! Unfortunately both of my parents passed away and never got to meet most of my kids.
fudgybuddymom
by Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 7:24 AM

Hell yea I am affectionate with Molly(dd)! My mom & dad were affectionate with my brother ,sisters & myself. In fact my father had to teach my mother how to be affectionate or so the story goes cause her mother was not affectionate & her father was out of the picture. I myself had to teach my hubby that hugs were just that; hugs & they didn't require anything in return except maybe another hug or kiss. Even tho I tried to teach him this he still would ask Molly & I why we would hug him or what did we want for hugging him(this til the day he died)!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 19, 2014 at 7:31 AM

I grew up the same way.

I always tell my kids I love them and I'm always hugging them, high fiving them, cheering them on.

I hope they can pass this on to their children.

mommymendenhall
by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 9:26 AM
Yes I'm very affectionate with my children. My mother was with my sibs and I and still is.
Paigesmommy78
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Yes and yes
hankbugsmama2
by Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 1:18 PM
My parents and grandparents were always extremely affectionate and so am I to my son. My finances family was the oopposite however are very affectionate with the grandkids I've gotten more hugs from my mother in-law then I've ever even see her give my fiance.
ladylovemm
by Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Wow my 19 year old just told me that he hates me because he never got infection from me, albeit me taking him to all his games, his loudess cheerleader, etc.  I have no excuss except that that's my upbringing.  I showed it in other ways but, it's true, you MUST hug your kids, ALWAYS.  Thank God it's not too late.  I'm starting now even though it's so foreign for me.  They need it. Me too.

AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 5:10 PM
No. I'm not very affectionate with anyone but my husband
gcstar42
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 5:14 PM
Yes I give my kids lots of hugs and kisses. My mom always did the same with me and my brother as well. My dad did some also but not as much as my mom.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN