Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Are you affectionate with your kids?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Growing up my parents were always very standoffish and seldom ever hugged me, much less gave me a kiss. I saw other kids with their parents, however, being showered with affection at games, competitions, etc., and I was always jealous of that.

Since I've had my own kids, I've made sure they are always given hugs and kisses and told how much I love them and how proud I am of them every day. My parents still don't get it, though, and my kids are usually kept at arm's length whenever they visit.

Are you affectionate with your kids? Were/are your parents affectionate with you?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 17, 2014 at 3:20 PM
Replies (51-58):
thatgirl70
by Carin on Apr. 20, 2014 at 2:23 PM
Very. My parents weren't affectionate, but I'm affectionate towards my son and he is an affectionate child.

My nieces and nephews are not very touchy feeling children though, they'd rather be left alone.
nonahammett1990
by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 3:33 PM

My mom was always affectionate with me and im ALWAYS affectionate with my children because i never want them to think i dont think about them every min of the day.

gracef282
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 2:09 AM
Im still affectionate to my grown kids. We always greet each other with hugs and a kiss on the cheek. Its just a reminder that we are a close family and just love being together when we meet and appreciate each others company.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Apr. 21, 2014 at 2:12 AM
My parents not affectionate at all, quite the opposite.
I am very affectionate with my kids! I kiss them and hug them and snuggle with them constantly. I sign "I love you" to them randomly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:47 AM

my parents were the same.  we didn't hardly hug, they hardly ever told me they loved me.  I am always affectionate with DD.  we are always hugging and if we lay on the couch we always snuggle.  i tell her every day that she is beautiful and that i love her

Twix.Leigh
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 3:48 AM
I'm very affectionate with my kids. My parents were as well, but not necessarily in healthy ways.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:08 AM

I'm very affectionate with my daughter, kisses and hugs multiple times throughout the day and I tell her daily (at least) that I love her. I wouldn't have it any other way.

mummyoftwins92
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:11 AM
My parents were affectionate and so am i..theres nothing i love more then hugging and getting kisses off my kids

Quoting Anonymous:

Growing up my parents were always very standoffish and seldom ever hugged me, much less gave me a kiss. I saw other kids with their parents, however, being showered with affection at games, competitions, etc., and I was always jealous of that.

Since I've had my own kids, I've made sure they are always given hugs and kisses and told how much I love them and how proud I am of them every day. My parents still don't get it, though, and my kids are usually kept at arm's length whenever they visit.

Are you affectionate with your kids? Were/are your parents affectionate with you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)