Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

How often do you disagree on parenting issues??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 77 Replies
How often do you and DH disagree on parenting issues?

DH seems to always want to feed our toddler junk and can't seem to interact with him unless the TV is on.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:26 AM

oh yeah mine does that crap too!  Even if I dont buy it, he brings it home from work!  I have to literally kick him out of the house with the girls to get him to do things!  Even though they are older, he still is afriad to go out and do things by himself with them!  Also he is more of a pushover when it comes to discipline.  he also insists on treating them like they are still infants even though our youngest is nearly 4 (aka still holding her head and the sippy when giving her milk)! 

Twix.Leigh
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:36 AM
2 moms liked this
Not often actually. We generally agree on most everything. He can be more strict but at the same time he can be more lenient.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:11 AM
2 moms liked this

We don't really disagree, but we do talk to each other if we feel that one of us is not doing something that the other feels is important. DH doesn't always relate to DD in exactly the way I want him too, but it's good for her to have 2 different parents who relate to her in different ways and show her different strengths and weaknesses, she doesn't need two parents who are exactly the same. As time goes on she will form different relationships with both of us and that's fine.

gracef282
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:47 AM
We agree to disagree on many issues. Just part of life. Its frustrating at times and have to push yourself into thinking it will go your way and not he's way. Most of the time i dont listen anyway and go yay lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2014 at 8:49 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:05 AM

We agree on most things but when she's trantruming we don't.  I have a psych degree and am with her all of the time, we homeschool, so I am much better equipt to take care of them while they just piss DH off who yells about how she needs to act her age.  She has ODD, which we've made a LOT of progress on, she can't just 'act her age' when she she gets into a freak out mode and yelling makes it worse.  Drives me crazy when he's home for it.

funny_girl3
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Well, since we've been parenting together for 11 years our parenting styles have meshed.  When our oldest was young we struggled sometimes.  Just remember to communicate with each other so you can both be consistent with your toddler.  Even at that age they sense weakness and will totally take advantage.

PPCLC
by New Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Our kid's are older--27, 21, and 16--but over the years, we've not agreed on all aspects of parenting and have had a few issues come up.

I think it's natural to do that and because we're two individual people who approach anything in life from our own personal perspectives, including parenting.

The key, I think and have found, is to just be respectful of one another and the differences. As long as we don't confuse the kid's (and again....I'm going back in time for my two older children), we're good to go.

momof2girls220
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:16 AM
2 moms liked this
At least 1/3 of the time. Mostly because he wants to spank our oldest and i won't let him.
MsJoyM
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:22 AM
We disagree on most things. Of course, ny d.h and I were raised completely different. He is more leant than I am. I am like a p.i with our 7year old. We now have a 1month old and I will be the same. I am over protective at times because of my upbringing and my traumatic past. He is more carefree and thinks nothing bad will happen to "his kids"...i'm like well anything can happen to anybody's kids.

For example he passes me off qhen his holding our 1month old and he let's hear head bobble all around. He says "he's doing that" i'm like you jerk. He says I over react too much..lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)