Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

It's unacceptable

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

As a woman, I feel like it's unacceptable to be as socially incompetent as I am. If I were married it would be job to make plans and keep everything organized, It's my job to talk to other moms to set up play dates, it's my job to talk to teachers, it's my job to create friendships so my daughter can grow up knowing what a healthy social life looks like, etc.....

However I have not been able to do any of these. I get nervous, I constantly feel like people are judging me,  I can't hold eye contact, I can't talk on the phone, I sound like a 12 year old, and I can't even make the smallest of small talk without feeling like I'm going to hyperventilate and pass out.

Do you all have advice on developing social skills? I'm desperate. I'm tired of pushing people away, not having any friends, always feeling like people are laughing at or judging me, and not having anyone for my daughter to play with.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:53 PM
Replies (11-11):
butzi
by Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 12:49 PM
This is super good advice! I also struggle with social settings. When I started seeing my therapist, I went with expressed specific goals. I wanted to find a more comfortable way to deal with social settings. She helps me with role playing, and discussions about how to get through them.

Quoting Anonymous: Get some counseling. Surround yourself with those you build you up.

Quoting Anonymous: I was never good enough

Quoting Anonymous: What happened when you were young to make you have such low self esteem??
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN