Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Does anyone remember when...

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:17 PM
  • 33 Replies
you didn't have kids and could watch a movie without having to stop it like a hundred times?
So annoyed right now!

Yes I have kids and no I'm not angry at them( for the bashers who will no doubt tell me to get over it because I'm a mom ), would just be nice once in a while to have some quiet.
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lindsaycattin
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:23 AM
Yea I wish I could remember what that felt like sometimes!
cjsix
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Yes,I do. It does however get better when they are older.

fudgybuddymom
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes,I understand! Molly always wants to turn the channel on me when something I like is on! Or talks through it. I like some peace & quiet too sometimes.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm convinced this is why DVR's were invented, lol, so we moms can record and play back movies after the kids are safely in bed. I know when my girls were little I couldn't watch ANYTHING without having to stop it or just miss stuff.

whoodathunk
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:31 AM

I was usually able to.  Once the kids get older, you won't have any problems.  My kids always went to sleep by 8pm, so that was movie time anyways.

GertieK
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

It won't be as long as you think, and they will be gone.  You will have plenty of time to watch any movie as many times as you want without pausing (except for when YOU need to pee!)... and you will miss them.  It's just a flash in the pan.  Yes, it is frustrating, but your time will come.... and it's not as great as youmagined it would be.

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Apr. 24, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Yes. Sort of ... now we have to stop it b/c of us. LOL!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Empty nesters here. It is actually nice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:54 PM

yeah, know exactly what u mean  mine get to watch their movies while im at work  when i get home i get to watch mine  we watch some movies together but the ones i really want to watch i do alone  that way im not so frustrated all the time

Karen24
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I remember when my kids were younger and I'd try to watch a movie after they were in bed. It was such a struggle to stay awake. lol 

Come to think of it, I sometimes still have that problem..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)