Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe
My mom went to the doctor because she wasn't feeling good and had a big lump by her bellybutton. The ran a ct scan and diagnosed it as cancer she has it in her gallbladder, liver, and lower intestines. Most of her organs aren't were they normally are It's odd. Her lungs are clear and the did a biopsy now we wait 2 more day to find the results and then make a plan. I'm terrified right now my 8 yr ds is depressed he slept all day and didn't want to eat now he's cuddled in tight with me. I try not to cry in front of him so I had a breakdown in a dark room earlier. My dh is great usually but feels he needs to be strong but I don't need strength I need him to show me he's scared and sad. Instead we are bitching at each other and I hate it.any tips advice help I'm scared and feeling oddly alone

Edit. Now that we have the news of her having 6 months left. All walls are broken down we are devastated. I just don't know words are useless to me. my son is strong when grandma is near but cries in mine and dh arms at night telling us life suck and doctors are stupid. My dh is up at night with me crying he said he tried to be strong but it is his mom too (not literally) and he is scared. I hate this no one should experience this pain.
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Replies (11-16):
LadyAmaranth
by on Apr. 26, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Lost my hubby last year from cancer that went to his liver. Huge hugs from me.

Just hug your boy and stay positive. He doesn't need details, just positive things.

Your hubby won't feel just like you, men act tough a lot plus not his mom so there's a difference. I'm sure he's saddened by the news and worried more for you than anything so he is in tough and protect mode. Just don't fret about it. We all grieve and stress in different ways, just keep communication open.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 27, 2014 at 9:26 PM
So sorry. Prayering for you and your mom. ((Hugs))
mommynonstop216
by on May. 1, 2014 at 12:15 AM
Us too do far 3 generations have had cancer I'm going to get brca2 and brca1 testing done.

Quoting mamamiajk:

Pray....and pray some more. I'm a cancer survivor but also come from a family where cancer seems to run wild in all forms. hugsI will keep you and her in mine.   Peace

stcy79
by on May. 1, 2014 at 12:26 AM
Prayers said.

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

londiebay84
by Member on May. 1, 2014 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry you are going through this.

I lost my father 2 months ago to cancer. It's still so hard every day.

My advice is to do your best to stay as positive as possible. My father's original diagnosis gave him 6 months. We were very lucky and he fought it for a little over 3 years.

I think it's great that you talked to your ds about it. My ds is only 4 and didn't really know his Opa very well, but my 11 yo nephew was very close with him. Keeping him informed really made it much easier on him because he was able to cope better.

Good luck to you and your family.
3xangel
by <3 Angel <3 on May. 1, 2014 at 12:32 AM
Omg, I'm so sorry. Hugs to you and your family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)