Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

More children equals less risk your husband will leave?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:20 PM
  • 100 Replies

I'm divorced, one child, and engaged now to a great guy who's also divorced, one child. His sister and I had lunch today and she told me that when we get married, I need to make sure we have lots of kids so we'll stay together. I said, "Excuse me? What does number of kids have to do with anything?" She said, "Well, the more kids you have, the less likely he'll leave you because of the crazy cost of child support." Um. Yeah.

So, do you think more children reduces the chances of a divorce?

by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:22 PM
3 moms liked this

One of the silliest things I have ever read.

tiarra7022
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:23 PM
3 moms liked this

No. More kids means you have to divide your time even more which means less for him. If anything I would think it would up but it depends on if you married a man or a boy who only cares about himself

WatchmansMoon
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 2:45 PM
2 moms liked this

I've heard of a woman getting pregnant in an attempt to salvage a hurting marriage, but not like this. It would seem that more kids would cause more stress on a marriage and greater struggles, but who knows? Either way, is that ever a good reason to have children? If there are problems in the marriage, I'd get counseling, not pregnant :) Since you're entering into a blended family, have you been able to read any books on the extra challenges you'll face? A good one I know if is "The Smart Stepfamily: Seven Steps to a Healthy Family" but I'm sure there are many out there. Hugs to you and best of luck!

NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess maybe he would be sneakier when he cheated?  LOL

veronicacsh
by New Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Apr. 29, 2014 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

If a man wants out, the number of kids isn't going to stop him ... or her!

Quoting veronicacsh:
Quoting lucky2Beeme:

IKatchSkams
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 8:24 PM
OH MY GOSH...NOT AT ALL!!! DON'T FOLLOW THAT ADVICE OR ANY OTHER ADVICE FROM HER!!!

DUMB...DA DUMB DUMB D U M B....DUMB DUMB DA DUMB....DUMB DUMB DA DUMB....DUMB DUMB DA DUMB DUMB DA DUMB DUMB DA DUMB!!!!

I'LL STOP SINGING NOW...I'M A BIT PITCHY.....
momoftwogirl55
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 8:25 PM
I don't believe that.
m.garcia21
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 8:38 PM
Lol no thats dumb.
singlemotherof8
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:52 AM

No, because all mine had to pay for 5 of our children was $92.50 each. Not even enough to cry about. He wouldn't help with anything like clothes or school supplies or anything. He felt he did his part by paying what he had to in child support. I was never so glad in my life to have that end. He lives in Texas and i'm here in Idaho. The further away from him the better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)