Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

You're a B****

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:07 AM
  • 37 Replies
Too many men in the younger generations like to refer to their women, or women in general as b****es. Personally I find that word degrading and disrespectful. But some women feel it's just a common term like ma'am or ms. I can only speak for myself when I say I'd rather be called an attractive woman then a sexy bitch. How do you ladies feel about the word?
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:08 AM
I don't like the word.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 11:11 AM
2 moms liked this

It is a degrading word. 

jas_momof2
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Doesn't bother me...

NDADanceMom
by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:31 PM
It's not a term used in my are other than as an insult and i would take it as such
nurse1997
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I only call a woman a bitch if they are nasty !

momofthem311
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 2:41 PM
It can used in a mean way or in a funny way, it's not something that offends me.
gracef282
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Disrepectful and degrading.
little.worthen
by Tess on May. 4, 2014 at 6:04 PM
I wouldn't tolerate being called that.
armywifey1983
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:54 PM

I hate that word. I also hate it when a stranger calls me 'sweetheart', 'sweet thang' or 'sexy'.

GertieK
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2014 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

The  fact that the question has even been posed is just one of many clear signals of how the moral fabric of our country has degraded.  That some women don't care is sad.  On one hand we want to viewed with respect, and on the other hand it's ok to be called a b***h.  So many have lowered their standards so far that it is almost comical.  The word is degrading and implies so many ugly things.  It implies subservience.  Women need to clarify themselves and then stick with it.  One minute they are screaming for equality and respect and the next they are ok with being called a bitch.  As a conservative woman I am happy to say that I am respected, and I am given equality in our home and family.  While we do disagree as all people do at times, calling me (or any other woman) a bitch just isn't going to happen.  When you have a good grasp of the English language, you have the ability to get your opinions across without lowering yourself to such a level.  Cursing in general is a sign of being low class. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)