Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

If you believe in energy (people give you or take yours) you have psycological problems

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have been going to Zumba for about a year; there is the usual instructor who is awesome and then you get the others.

I used to go 5 days a week, the main one was always 4 days and another one was the 5th day, she was good; then they changed her. They brought a new girl, I tried for 3 weeks but I couldn't take it any more.

She seems to be such a nice girl, but when in class she seems to suck all my energy, the rest of the day I'm extremely tired, I only want to sleep and can barely move, I believe she sucks my energy.

The main guy is very strict and tough but he makes you push yourself harder and even though at the end of class I'm sore and tired, I have lots of energy.

So today the main guy was on vacation and when we are waiting for the sub, she comes in, I told one of the ladies I do Zumba with that I had to go because I cannot do class with that instructor, she asked why and I explained it to her and she said, that's psycological, nothing more, I replied welll, then is all in my head, but that's how it works for me and I left.

Do you believe people can suck out your energy? (energy vampires) or you thing is all psycological?

Ps. the replacement yesterday was good, not great but good enough to cover for few days.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 8, 2014 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JC2223
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I absolutely believe in this, even if it is psychological, I know what I feel when I'm with certain people. I know a few people that I have to limit my exposure to because I'm exhausted after spending time with them. It's usually negative people...you know, the ones that do nothing but complain, bitch and moan about every thing! Some of these people are relatives that spend a lot of time in my home. I framed a quote and have it hanging near my entrance that says..."Please be responsible for the energy you bring into this space". When they start their negativity rants, I point to the frame and tell them to read it.

Clairwil
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2014 at 2:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you believe people can suck out your energy? (energy vampires) or you thing is all psycological?

People can't suck out your energy, in the meaning of "energy" that a physicist would use.   Neither is there anything supernatural going on.

But that doesn't mean there isn't a metaphor for something that's real.

Fatigue isn't just the energy in your muscles.  Your willpower, and various other mental attributes can also 'get tired'.  That's one reason why the brain requires sleep.

And mental fatigue can interact with body fatigue.  If you're tense, holding your body wrong, that can use up energy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 12:05 PM

I only have the problem with that particular instructor, the regular one is great  and the others that I had had classes with were fine, but there is something about this one...

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting Anonymous:

People can't suck out your energy, in the meaning of "energy" that a physicist would use.   Neither is there anything supernatural going on.

But that doesn't mean there isn't a metaphor for something that's real.

Fatigue isn't just the energy in your muscles.  Your willpower, and various other mental attributes can also 'get tired'.  That's one reason why the brain requires sleep.

And mental fatigue can interact with body fatigue.  If you're tense, holding your body wrong, that can use up energy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 9, 2014 at 1:16 PM

I believe it's psychological but the physical effects are definitely there. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 9, 2014 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this
No I am pretty psychic and I can feel others energies. My mom sucks my energy dry every time I visit her. Its not psychological. You just feel more than a lot of others. You're sensitive to the emotions of others. Many empaths and highly sensitive people are the same way. A lot of people won't understand that unfortunately because they don't know what it feels like since they don't have the same experiences.
Traci2012
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Absolutely there are "energy vampires" out there, but I do feel it is a mental/psychological. The effects of this is draining to the body, mind, and spirit. I try to distance myself from people like this as much as possible and if I can't I just try my best not to feed into it. The negativity put off by others can make you become negative before you even realize it. Unfortunately for me, this description matches that of my 23 yr old daughter. I have to screen calls from her and try to limit it to texting for the most part. There are good days sometimes, but more often than not, they are exhausting.

Traci2012
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 1:39 PM

I heard that quote on Oprah one time and posted it where I work. Love it!

Quoting JC2223:

I absolutely believe in this, even if it is psychological, I know what I feel when I'm with certain people. I know a few people that I have to limit my exposure to because I'm exhausted after spending time with them. It's usually negative people...you know, the ones that do nothing but complain, bitch and moan about every thing! Some of these people are relatives that spend a lot of time in my home. I framed a quote and have it hanging near my entrance that says..."Please be responsible for the energy you bring into this space". When they start their negativity rants, I point to the frame and tell them to read it.

NDADanceMom
by on May. 9, 2014 at 3:08 PM

its not something I have ever experienced.  

thanush
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I get what you mean. I have couple of people who gives me stress headaches ( pain in back if head), just by talking to them. Even if it's just a chit chat. But I get back to normal as soon as they are gone
AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 5:11 PM

I believe in Energy Vampires. I did an entire project on them for an English class. I got an A. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)