Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Wood floors?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

Hi

I'm moving soon to a place with wood floors; for the past 8 years I had had tile and before carpet.

Please give me your secrets on how to clean wood floors, the best and the easiest.

:)

Thx!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2014 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 10, 2014 at 2:34 PM
Only use vinegar water.
NDADanceMom
by on May. 10, 2014 at 4:13 PM
Mine just need a swifter dusting, not the wet mop kind, the dry one. I clean with vinegar and water every other week. Every other year i have them polished by a pro
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 10, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Shark steam mop

mama2evan
by on May. 11, 2014 at 4:49 AM
The old fasioned way...get on ur hands and knees w a lil lemon oil in warm water. Unless u have alot of sq ft to do then use a swiffer w it.
bhow
by on May. 12, 2014 at 7:45 AM

swiffer duster, hot water with Murphy's oil soap.

cowgirls10181
by on May. 12, 2014 at 7:47 AM
Vinegar and water will trip the wax! If you use it on wood you have to re-wax! I love mop n glow! It's a floor cleaner and wax in one. When I use it out floors shine! I use water and a k op, Mr clean or lysol if the kids are sick

Quoting Anonymous: Only use vinegar water.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 12, 2014 at 9:30 AM

I would never put any wax on my wood floors.  Just clean them.  Mop an glow is not good at all for wood floors.  Do you have laminate or real wood floors.  Laminate floors are different than real wood. 

Quoting cowgirls10181: Vinegar and water will trip the wax! If you use it on wood you have to re-wax! I love mop n glow! It's a floor cleaner and wax in one. When I use it out floors shine! I use water and a k op, Mr clean or lysol if the kids are sick

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 12, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Now you got me thinking, are they laminated or real wood?  great, Now I have to find out  LOL

Closing is tomorrow, maybe I can ask the owner :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I would never put any wax on my wood floors.  Just clean them.  Mop an glow is not good at all for wood floors.  Do you have laminate or real wood floors.  Laminate floors are different than real wood. 

Quoting cowgirls10181: Vinegar and water will trip the wax! If you use it on wood you have to re-wax! I love mop n glow! It's a floor cleaner and wax in one. When I use it out floors shine! I use water and a k op, Mr clean or lysol if the kids are sick

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)