Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Man Arrested for Serving His Girlfriend & Her 1-Year-Old Son Cake?!

Posted by on May. 13, 2014 at 9:19 AM
  • 10 Replies

Man Arrested for Serving His Girlfriend & Her 1-Year-Old Son Cake

by Kiri Blakeley

This man is not a keeper. A Chicago man has been accused of feeding his girlfriend and her 1-year-old son cake -- which sounds nice. But it isn't. Allegedly the man had baked marijuana into the cake and watched as they ate it unawares that they were being drugged.

Emmanuel Ekaette has been charged with a variety of offenses after he allegedly baked a cake and brought it over to his girlfriend and her young son. He then apparently watched the woman eat it, while feeding some to her son, and when asked what the "crushed leaves" in the cake were, lied that it was spices.

The woman then reportedly started feeling "hazy" and got herself and her toddler to the hospital, where they both tested positive for marijuana.

Ick! Who would DO this not only to his girlfriend but to her baby?

Innocent until proven guilty and all of that, but if this is true, I hope to god this woman knows enough to get away from this dude! If he'd do this, who knows what else he would do.

Yes, pot eating is done by many -- and maybe they get off on it. But you don't drug people who aren't aware of what is happening. That is a complete and total betrayal of trust. And you never know how someone is going to react to a drug.

And you especially don't sit there and watch as a child eats your drugs. Despicable creature.

Have you ever had anyone slip you drugs?

by on May. 13, 2014 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
karen2112
by on May. 14, 2014 at 9:42 AM

What was the purpose of him drugging her and her child?! Just for fun? I hope he gets a long prison sentence but I doubt it. Our law system is so screwed up.

I tried a cookie at a New Years Eve party and told me dh that it tasted pretty nasty. I love to bake especially during the holidays so I didn't think it was weird for someone else to have cookies around. He told me it was a pot cookie. I was so angry at him for letting me eat it! He knows I don't do drugs! At least I only took one bite.

BaronSamedi
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:00 AM

I can understand the person's stupidity.   It falls into the range of " I like it you should too."   Think of a mon have kids over making peanut butter sandwiches not knowing that one kid is allergic.    

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 14, 2014 at 11:03 AM

My SD put something in my drink. I still don't know what is was, but it made me throw up and gave me diarrhea.

BaronSamedi
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:05 AM

About your experience:  People are sometimes brain dead.  They may nothave meant harm but too many people have allergies or are taking medication that reacts with other chemicals.(if you cook you are in essance a chemist).

Quoting karen2112:

What was the purpose of him drugging her and her child?! Just for fun? I hope he gets a long prison sentence but I doubt it. Our law system is so screwed up.

I tried a cookie at a New Years Eve party and told me dh that it tasted pretty nasty. I love to bake especially during the holidays so I didn't think it was weird for someone else to have cookies around. He told me it was a pot cookie. I was so angry at him for letting me eat it! He knows I don't do drugs! At least I only took one bite.

LovePhotoBug5
by New Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:09 AM

I dated a pot head in college... Went over to his house and saw a plate of cookies, immediately had one without thinking, then his roommate claimed they had pot in them. I was so freaked out. Turned out to not have any pot. But definitely made me think twice before having any treats they baked!

karen2112
by on May. 14, 2014 at 12:06 PM

WOW! That is awful! I can't imagine my kid intentionally making me sick. I hope it was a wake up call for them that their actions have consequences.

Quoting Anonymous:

My SD put something in my drink. I still don't know what is was, but it made me throw up and gave me diarrhea.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 14, 2014 at 12:36 PM

She thought it was funny. :-(

Quoting karen2112:

WOW! That is awful! I can't imagine my kid intentionally making me sick. I hope it was a wake up call for them that their actions have consequences.

Quoting Anonymous:

Night_Roane
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2014 at 12:41 PM
An ex slipped mushrooms into my green tea. He had bought it from a coffee shop for me and it had a lid on it. That was on my 21st birthday, and he claimed he thought it would make it "more fun". But it had no effect on me.
BL2010
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2014 at 1:43 PM

What a moron. No, I never have as that is so wrong on so many levels.

gracef282
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 5:25 PM
My brother smokes pot. I make sure i question him if he's spiced up our dinner whenever we go visit. He just laughs. I guess because he uses it for medical reason only, no way would he do that to anyone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN