Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Have you ever taken anything from a hotel?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

My husband and I stayed at this nice hotel last weekend to celebrate our anniversary and as we were waiting to check out, this couple was arrested! Apparently, they'd stolen the Xbox, robes, and some other things from their room and were trying to sneak away with it all. I was shocked. I mean, I've taken a pen and some soap before, but I'd never think about taking something major like that.

What about you? Have you ever taken anything from a hotel?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2014 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on May. 13, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Haha, nothing like that.  I have 2 towels from a resort we go to every year.  Completely by accident.  they arent even nice.  I know they are the hotels because the pool towels are white with a blue stripe down the middle and I dont have anything like that.  I use them as rags.

I do take the little soaps and stuff.  I collect them for when my kids go to summer camp and stuff.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 13, 2014 at 2:58 PM
Soaps and pens are fine. That is not stealing.
mom2ryneandsam
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 3:00 PM

my daughter takes the shampoo/lotion and soap and my son like to take the paper they give u to write on, they use it at the hotel so since it is used they can't be reused so i tell them to take the stuff home cause it will be thrown away anyway

undrcvrmom
by New Member on May. 13, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Wow how did they catch them so quickly if they were just checking out?  Usually what happens when you take stuff from the hotel room they just charge your credit card with what you took.   That's crazy they got arrested!

Runner36
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Goodness no...only the shampoo/ condition/ lotion thingys...nothing that they don't supply for free like that.  That is crazy!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 13, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Funny story.  My water broke and my best friend had been staying a hotel near her new job.  I went down there on my way to the hospital but I had leaked through the towel I brought.  I had another friend who worked there as a hotel housekeeper.  She pulled me into a vacant room and gave me a big towel from the maid cart.  Haha.

cpittaz
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 9:32 AM
Just shampoo and soap
athorne
by Anna on May. 14, 2014 at 9:36 AM

Only the very small items that most provide you with in the bathroom such as soap,shampoo, and lotion. They are great for traveling.

anjones09
by New Member on May. 14, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Just the shampoos and conditioner they give you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 14, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Shampoo, soap and toilet paper and kleenx.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN