Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I sold a toy on CL and now they are texting me for a return.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 91 Replies

Poll

Question: What should I do?

Options:

Return it

Ignore her

Other: Describe below

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 212

View Results

I had a lightly used ride on toy that was pretty much perfect that I sold through Craigslist. I plugged it in to make sure it worked. The light came on with no issues. After the lady bought it she text that it didnt work. I said, I tested it before I left the house. It was only used 2 times and the light came on. She keeps texting me that it doesnt work, that wires are out of the charger and she wants her money back. I said, I would be glad to have my husband come over and look at these so called wires sticking out so he can fix them. ( The wires were fine when I sold it ) She texts me that she wants her money back. I feel like I am being screwed with. Should it be a " All sales are final " or should I play her game? We both tripple checked everything and would have NEVER sold a broken toy. If I went back and there were wires sticking out, then I would know she would have done it. I dont want bad karma. What should I do? It was working when we sold it.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 15, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 15, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Think it's usually an as is thing when you sell on CL.

themaurer7
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:39 PM
3 moms liked this
CL is all sales final. I would tell her that then ignore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 15, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Quoting themaurer7: CL is all sales final. I would tell her that then ignore.

but could I get into trouble? What if she called the police? The item was only 30$. But I would have never sold a broken toy! I told her it had been stored the past year.

SweetPea2004
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:43 PM

What if she broke it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 15, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Quoting SweetPea2004:

What if she broke it?

Thats what I am thinking. My husband said he would be glad to come over and look/fix it but she said no. She just wants her money back. She REALLY wanted this toy, my husband would go look at it and fix whatever it is and all of the sudden she is just like no. I want my money back. Who knows? Maybe she needs it? I dont know, but I think all sales should be final.

themaurer7
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:53 PM
6 moms liked this
Nope. She can call, but she can't prove it was intentional which is what counts. CL usually has a disclaimer that you buy at your own risk. People know that when buying from there.

Quoting Anonymous:

but could I get into trouble? What if she called the police? The item was only 30$. But I would have never sold a broken toy! I told her it had been stored the past year.

Ims0blessed
by on May. 15, 2014 at 10:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Ignore her. She should have checked it out before paying you for it. She could be trying to pass a broken one off for the one in good repair you sold her :0/
toopicky429
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2014 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Ignore her. CL is just like shopping at a garage sale, no returns.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 16, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Never give your phone number. always show them it is in working order. now i would just text back and say it was working when dropped off.. then ignore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 16, 2014 at 12:15 AM

They'd laugh in her face! Its craigslist, when you buy something, it's not like JCP or Walmart. I had someone do that to me on facebook. Took a computer, met at MD and he played on it connected to the internet, etc He got home, contacted me, and told me that is was broken and wouldn't work. Told him FB is sale is final no returns. He got pissy. I told him too bad and that if he had issues to talk to the FB group admin

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)