Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Friends with your ex

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
Are you friends with any of your exes? And i do not just mean your ex that you share a kid with. If so, please explain why? Same if you are not.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 16, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
singlemotherof8
by on May. 17, 2014 at 9:54 AM

No way. All he does is cause problems. Moved away from him with the kids back in 98 and except for 3 of my children who went back after they were adults, never been back and never will. He lives in Texas and he can stay there. He won't let the past go and still tries to control me. I used to talk to him, but he is in so much denial of doing anything wrong that i decided no more. Only 3 of the kids talk to hima dn not very much either because they are tired of him still doing it. So right now none of the 8 want anything to do with him. It has been almost 15 years and he is remarried and still lies to his wife about what happened. Treis to blame me but i know what happened and so does God.

brittybby2010
by on May. 17, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Nope. Most of them didn't treat me well, and the only one that did refuses to speak with me when he's dating someone. When they fight or break up? He sends me messages. Done with that, though. Next time he messages me, he's blocked. 

CafeMom Tickers
auntangelofsix
by Angel on May. 17, 2014 at 10:45 AM
Nope
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 17, 2014 at 12:38 PM

No, that would just be weird. 

gavs4boys
by on May. 17, 2014 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Well the only ex's I have are the ones I share kids with. My ex dh Yes we are friends, same with my youngests father. It's better to get along than fight all the time.

kinnamom
by on May. 17, 2014 at 9:45 PM
Yes! Once you have children with a man you gotta try to find a friendship after all the child wouldn't be that child if it wasn't because of the two parents. I had an anger moment after divorce then things got calm and concentrated into being thankful for the kids we createx
momofthem311
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2014 at 10:06 PM
Don't speak to any if them, not for any particular reason, just have no need to. I am in very good standings with my ex husband, my daughters bio dad. It's really quite a nice thing. He's a great person, just had some issues that we couldn't work through.
momofsixangels
by Colleen on May. 18, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Yes I am.But we dont see each other just talk on fb.

MammaKoi
by on May. 18, 2014 at 1:21 PM

NO I am no where near friends with him because I don't like deadbeat dads. I can't really say that but then again I can, It took the state going after his paycheck to finally get child support from him. He NEVER payed willingly. He never see's them, don't call them or anything. Mind my boys are 6 and 5. The only time he calls is when we tried to work out the agreement for the divorce or to bug me to hell about who's claiming them for taxes that year. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 18, 2014 at 4:54 PM
Im talking about any ex not just your child father. I have a friend who is friends with like 3 of her exes. And i thought that was strange. So i made a topic.

Quoting kinnamom: Yes! Once you have children with a man you gotta try to find a friendship after all the child wouldn't be that child if it wasn't because of the two parents. I had an anger moment after divorce then things got calm and concentrated into being thankful for the kids we createx
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN