Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

How much sleep do you get each night?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:58 AM
  • 261 Replies

Typically, my husband and I turn off the TV in the living room between 9:30-10pm and head to our bedroom where we snuggle up and watch TV until about 11-11:30pm. We wake at 6:30am to get ready for work and when school's in session the girls get up to get ready for that.

Last night, however, we headed back early, around 9, and I woke around midnight with stomach troubles, then again around 3am, so when the alarm sounded at 6:30am, I just was NOT ready, lol.

tired

How about you? How much sleep do you usually get? How about last night?

by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Well I work nights so a little less than 4. I try and nap in the morning when I can.
momadrigal
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:37 AM
If I get 5 hrs. I get too much.
Scribbleprints
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:39 AM

I try to get 8.  Its usually about 7.  Sometimes I nap to catch up, and I sleep longer on weekends.  I need to change my avatar because I'm really not that sleep deprived any more.  Made that when I was still in the "waking up several times a night" baby stage.

Sister_Someone
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Let's leave it at not enough.

heldcaptiveby2
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I normally sleep 4-6hours a night.
I went to bed at 1am last and was at 5:30 to get the kids on the bus.
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Ugh, yeah, I remember working nights and it was a screwy sleep schedule. How long have you been working nights?

Quoting MixedCooke: Well I work nights so a little less than 4. I try and nap in the morning when I can.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Really? I have to have at least 7 or I can't function. Have you always needed so little sleep?

Quoting momadrigal: If I get 5 hrs. I get too much.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:45 AM

I used to take naps periodically to catch up if I'd missed out on sleep when the girls were little, but I can't even remember the last time I napped now, lol. I read an article recently, though, that said naps were bad for you, so it may be a good thing. How old is your baby now?

Quoting Scribbleprints:

I try to get 8.  Its usually about 7.  Sometimes I nap to catch up, and I sleep longer on weekends.  I need to change my avatar because I'm really not that sleep deprived any more.  Made that when I was still in the "waking up several times a night" baby stage.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Uh-oh... is there a little one to blame, or do you just not sleep well?

Quoting Sister_Someone:

Let's leave it at not enough.

Remy11
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:45 AM
I wake up from pain many times a night. I have a sleep app that I started to use to see how much sleep I was actually getting. I get about 3.5 a night in total.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN