Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you know how to drive?

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 4:11 PM
  • 73 Replies

Poll

Question: Can you drive a stick?

Options:

yes

no

other, explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 88

View Results

I can drive, but it has to be an automatic transmission. I've attempted to drive a stick in the past but I just can't get the coordination going between my hands and my feet, lol. The last time I tried, I had the car bucking like I was in the rodeo! So I gave up and haven't tried again. Problem is, my husband's new car, a sweeeeet Mustang, is a stick and I very much want to drive it and I can't!

crying

So can YOU drive? Can you drive a stick?

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiredmomfor2
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 4:23 PM
My father taught me. He said it was a necessary skill every girl should know.
You should try to learn again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 5, 2014 at 4:28 PM

Yes. My parents gave me a car at 18 which was a stick.  I had a couple others cars before that were.  It is not hard.  You have to practice a couple days in a parking lot.  Everyone is like you when you start but it gets easier the more you drive.  My dd bought a stick.  She gave me whiplash for a weeks but now it is 2nd nature to her. 

shaye
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 4:33 PM
I love driving sticks. So fun. My advice for you is to sit in it, and let the clutch out slowly till you can feel it disengage. Do it till you have that memorized. Once you have that down, then try putting it in gear. For me first and reverse were tough to figure out at first. All the other gears are easy cause your moving already. :-) I hope you get ot down it really is a lot of fun! :-) good luck
CrossStitchMum
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 4:35 PM
Yes. Here in aus we have to drive stick to pass our driving test
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 5, 2014 at 4:58 PM

No

Its.me.Sam.
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 4:59 PM

yes.
its important to know so you never get stuck anywhere.  i made sure my daughter was sitck trained :) as well will be my son. 

NDADanceMom
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 5:24 PM
I had a cobra. They only come in manual
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 7:08 PM
Yes, and a motorcycle.
momofthem311
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 8:20 PM
Never learned. I tried a few times but couldn't get it. It has never been a hindrance in my life and I don't ever seeing it be one.
GraysonsMom_
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 9:00 PM
I can only drive an automatic. DH has tried to teach me to drive his stick twice, but the lessons only lasted like 10 minutes bc I got anxious lol every time it would jerk or cut off I thought I was going to have a panic attack.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN