Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Spanking your child

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:50 PM
  • 9 Replies

As a young mother I did spank my kids a few times. Growing up I was spanked and my cousins would get beatings.  A few years ago I begain to see spankings as a horrible way to correct a helpless child.  At the same time I'v done that and know how mothers feel.

I really think it’s crazy, that we hit our kids, it really is. Here’s the crazy thing about it, kids are the only people in the world, that you’re allowed to hit. Do you realize that? They’re the most vulnerable and they’re the most destroyed by being hit, but it’s totally okay to hit them. And they’re the only ones! If you hit a dog, they f**king will put you in jail for that sh*t. You can’t hit a person unless you can prove that they were trying to kill you, but a little tiny person with a head this big that trusts you implicitly? F**k them, who gives a sh*t?

Louis CK 

by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
thefiregoddess
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this

booaura
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 9:05 PM
The picture above is perfect. It's true. I will never understand how any parent can justify hitting/slapping/popping/swatting/spanking, whatever they want to call it to make it sound 'ok', their child. I have never and would never do that to my children, I am capable of parenting without resorting to that kind of behavior. My parents raised my siblings and my without hitting us. I guess some people just can't parent without it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 9:35 PM
I spanked. And my kids even lived into their 30s now!
NDADanceMom
by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 10:38 PM
I don't need to shame or hurt my child to teach them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 8, 2014 at 11:16 PM
I'm completely guilty of swatting butts. I call it swatting, even though in reality hitting is hitting, because I've never used full force and I've never put my kids over my knee or swatted thier butts more than once per situation. Really I never swat my daughter and have only swatted my sons butt maybe a handful of times and he's 6. It's only been in sever situations and he's was spoken to and then warned plenty of times. I hate that that I did it. Probably, no not probably, it came more from my frustration and anger than it did from the act my son did to anger me. I always felt bad which is why it hasn't happened very much and I always try and think of better discipline whenever a situation arises.
Not perfect mom here and I do agree with this post. I try daily to be a better parent but I do fail sometimes.
Sarlinda
by Bronze Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 11:37 PM

I am guilty of spanking our girls. I haven't in a very long time bc taking things away from them works so much better now. No internet, tv, hanging out with their friends.. etc.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jun. 9, 2014 at 4:37 PM
No spanking but I do pop there hands when they are being bad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2014 at 5:11 PM

I don't know. I think there's a big difference between a swat on the butt with your hand and actually HITTING, but I get that not everyone makes that distinction.

piglet06
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 6:58 PM
I pop my kids but but it gets to a point where that's all that works.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)