Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

My Husband's Secret...

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 4:13 PM
  • 8 Replies

is the title of the book I read a couple of weeks ago.  

SPOILER ALERT if you haven't read it and plan on it STOP reading!!!

So...my dh and I had quite the discussion about this secret...In the book, the husband killed a girl when he was 17 years old in a moment of passion.  His wife found out about it (thru a letter he wrote to her to be opened after his death...she found it early though).  No one knew he did it and there were no clues or leads so the police never even questioned him.  Now, 25 years later, marriage and kids...here is the question...

Would YOU turn in your husband?

I said, yes, I would...dh was NOT happy with that answer and thinks that is awful...that turning in your husband would be a betrayal.  What do you think?

Awesome...Featured!  Thanks :)

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SavanasMama08
by New Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I read that. Good book!!!
ejkdmom
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 5:27 PM

I'd like to think that I would do the right thing and turn him in, but really probably wouldn't.

craftoholic925
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I would tell him I'd found the letter and ask him to tell me  E V E R Y T H I N G....and probably ask him what else he'd been hiding from me.  Yes, I would turn him in.  I would have the children to think about...what if he did it again? 

cuauhtemocsmom
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 11:44 PM
😁 I don't think I would
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:51 AM
Yes I would! If he killed that girl he can probably kill me too, that's not a risk I would want to take.
Runner36
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 7:56 AM

This was part of my reasoning...we have kids! Our safety would come first and even though it was in the past, I believe that if you did something once, who or what says you won't do it again?  And the fact that he would have been living a lie for so long and let the other family suffer like that for years and years...finding no peace all do to his actions...that would be pretty hard to overlook.

Quoting craftoholic925:

I would tell him I'd found the letter and ask him to tell me  E V E R Y T H I N G....and probably ask him what else he'd been hiding from me.  Yes, I would turn him in.  I would have the children to think about...what if he did it again? 

CafeMom Tickers
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Quoting Anonymous: Yes I would! If he killed that girl he can probably kill me too, that's not a risk I would want to take.

agree

homeschoolmom9
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:14 AM
No. I would not turn in my husband.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN