Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Is it really so bad to send him to daycare?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies

I've got a new job and I need to put my son into daycare so I can work but my husband is freaking out! The rest of his and my family are also in agreement that putting him into daycare isn't a safe option and that I'm selfish for wanting to go back to work and leave him in the care of strangers. But we need the money and I need to do something other than clean house and sing toddler songs day in and day out.

Is it really so bad to send my son to daycare while I work?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Of course not. Why would it be unsafe? Did you tell them that millions of kids attend daycare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I've told them. They keep pointing out one horror story after another, as if ALL daycares or providers are evil...

Quoting marchantmom06: Of course not. Why would it be unsafe? Did you tell them that millions of kids attend daycare.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:07 PM
3 moms liked this
They'll get over it. Tell your husband he either gets a second job or our son goes to daycare. It's not the end of the world.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, I've told them. They keep pointing out one horror story after another, as if ALL daycares or providers are evil...

Quoting marchantmom06: Of course not. Why would it be unsafe? Did you tell them that millions of kids attend daycare.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:10 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL, I like the way you think! They're all driving me batty with their nonsense, but none of them is offering to stay home with him OR to pay the bills that are sending me to work in the first place.

Quoting marchantmom06: They'll get over it. Tell your husband he either gets a second job or our son goes to daycare. It's not the end of the world.
Quoting Anonymous:

Saharra
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think it's a bad thing. I couldn't do it, but that's me and I'm a different person and in a different situation then you are ;) You gotta do what works for YOU... And what works for your kids. If you are unhappy at home, no one will be happy ;) Talk to friends that have used day cares and see what worked for them. They should be able to help tell you who's good ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

I've got a new job and I need to put my son into daycare so I can work but my husband is freaking out! The rest of his and my family are also in agreement that putting him into daycare isn't a safe option and that I'm selfish for wanting to go back to work and leave him in the care of strangers. But we need the money and I need to do something other than clean house and sing toddler songs day in and day out.

othermom
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

No it is not. Just check around and get reccomendations for care places, do research

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I know it doesn't work for everyone, but I think it will work here for us if my husband will just relax about it.

Quoting Saharra: I don't think it's a bad thing. I couldn't do it, but that's me and I'm a different person and in a different situation then you are ;) You gotta do what works for YOU... And what works for your kids. If you are unhappy at home, no one will be happy ;) Talk to friends that have used day cares and see what worked for them. They should be able to help tell you who's good ;)
Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:35 PM

I've got a week before I start and I've been checking out the recommendations I've received. So far I have two good possibles but need to go visit them in person to see where they are, how they run, etc. What are some questions I should ask when I get there? I have a list, but I want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything?

Quoting othermom:

No it is not. Just check around and get reccomendations for care places, do research

othermom
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you able to drop in unannounced to check on your child, who all will be working their. Cpr and first aid training, and will they be taking them out of the building at all and what are their rules for keeping track of all the kids if they do.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've got a week before I start and I've been checking out the recommendations I've received. So far I have two good possibles but need to go visit them in person to see where they are, how they run, etc. What are some questions I should ask when I get there? I have a list, but I want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything?

Quoting othermom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Not at all bad. I think it is good.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN