Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

is this wrong to you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

I was dating this guy for seven months and he tried asking me to be his girlfriend. Turns out my friend still saw him on pof so she messaged him to see if he was a skeze, turns out he said he can talk to her and that she's cute and until he finds out where him and I are going he can just talk to her.

I find this disgusting and if he were really serious about me he would delete his profile, and then if we didn't work then he can go back on there. So I ended things with him. Advice? what would you do? did I overreact? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BrutalTruth
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:05 PM
No, you didn't overreact.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:07 PM

No, you didn't overreact. He is obviously still open to dating other people.

AlanyaKaye
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 5:36 PM
You definitely did not overreact.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2014 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

thank you!

Quoting AlanyaKaye: You definitely did not overreact.

WickedOpal
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 5:44 PM

No, you didn't overreact.  My neighbor was seeing a guy off of POF and he told her they were together and she found out he not only never left the site, but he was still 'talking to' other women on there.  Like she wouldn't know.  LOL  Men can be so dumb sometimes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2014 at 6:00 PM

I hope your neighbor left him! I am all for dating around if your non exclusive date whoever you want but when you ask someone to be exclusive that means you don't talk or look for other men/women. 

My expectations are if you want to be exclusive with me, I am the only one, and there are no back up plans. 

Quoting WickedOpal:

No, you didn't overreact.  My neighbor was seeing a guy off of POF and he told her they were together and she found out he not only never left the site, but he was still 'talking to' other women on there.  Like she wouldn't know.  LOL  Men can be so dumb sometimes.

Bird_on_a_wire
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 6:05 PM

I told you over at the Newcomers forum and I will tell you here, you are overreacting.

WickedOpal
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 6:20 PM

She found out fairly quickly.  I think she was only 'dating' him for about two weeks before she found out and dumped him.  She was pissed.  I mean, waiting a week saying you forgot to take it down is one thing, but then she caught him red handed talking to another woman, so that was it for her.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope your neighbor left him! I am all for dating around if your non exclusive date whoever you want but when you ask someone to be exclusive that means you don't talk or look for other men/women. 

My expectations are if you want to be exclusive with me, I am the only one, and there are no back up plans. 

Quoting WickedOpal:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2014 at 6:26 PM

I have honestly learned nobody on those dating sites are genuine. I was dating this guy for 7 months. After two months he asked to become exclusive and we talked about it and we agreed not to look for others or talk to others. He never got rid of his pof account. But when he told me to get rid of mine I did.

He asked me a few weeks ago to be his gf and I told him I just cannot because he won't delete him profile, my friend showed me the messages he def is looking for a fall back in case we don't work out. I know my self worth I want someone who is going to be faithful to me and not be looking. I am monogamous and thats what a relationship should be. 

Quoting WickedOpal:

She found out fairly quickly.  I think she was only 'dating' him for about two weeks before she found out and dumped him.  She was pissed.  I mean, waiting a week saying you forgot to take it down is one thing, but then she caught him red handed talking to another woman, so that was it for her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting WickedOpal:

Tuned.Out
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

You said he "tried" asking you. When he asked you to be is GF ( I'm assuming that  means exclusive) what did you say?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)