Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

personality problems :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

this is not a sympathy post!

At least i have one person in my life that actually wants my company and does not belittle me and likes and loves me for me. it's so hard to show my true self when half the time i don't trust the reactions that come with it. what i've learned is that no matter how nice/good of a person i am i'm always let down by the lack of need i'm shown to be my friend . sure there are talks of meeting up or what have you but i'm not going to make the first move, that's just me. and yes, someone made me upset about something i inadvertently said that made them lash out at me for the wrong reasons. but, they waited a week to text me their rant. i'm so tired of trusting women with my friendship. am i really that bad of a person? i'm on the verge of just shutting everyone out but my husband and grandfather.   

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2014 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:46 PM
Bump
BL2010
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Need a little more info before giving an opinion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:09 PM
2 moms liked this

What kinds of expectations are you placing on others in regard to friendship? Do you have a personality disorder? 

ElleLuvsOrchids
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you on the autism spectrum?  My friend who has AS speaks the way you do about friendships, relationships and co-worker interactions.

Monsita
by Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 7:56 PM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

SissyAnn141
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:49 AM

Quoting BL2010:

I agree, need more information.

You are welcome to mail me, if you need too .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:38 AM

I'm on Celexa for antianxiety social phobia. been on meds since 1994. i'm 35. i seem to have friends but i don't know how to let them in without smothering them with attention. they have other friends too. i spend most of my time with my husband because that's the way we are. when i want to go out with my friends he loves that i want that but my friends always ask me "why do you want to get away?".  i'm so confused. do they want to have my company or am i that bad of a friend? i mostly listen and answer questions when asked and i go along with most activities. but i never feel like i belong. i don't have autism. i just get attatched too quickly i guess.

Quoting SissyAnn141:

Quoting BL2010:

BL2010
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Has this always been an issue? I wonder if it's time to see your medical provider and see about maybe a new medication. Your body could have gotten used to the Celexa and not really doing much anymore.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm on Celexa for antianxiety social phobia. been on meds since 1994. i'm 35. i seem to have friends but i don't know how to let them in without smothering them with attention. they have other friends too. i spend most of my time with my husband because that's the way we are. when i want to go out with my friends he loves that i want that but my friends always ask me "why do you want to get away?".  i'm so confused. do they want to have my company or am i that bad of a friend? i mostly listen and answer questions when asked and i go along with most activities. but i never feel like i belong. i don't have autism. i just get attatched too quickly i guess.

Quoting SissyAnn141:

Quoting BL2010:

fern624
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:01 AM

no you are not a bad person...You are a beautiful person so beleive in yourself and keep on living life... 

SpiritFortress
Don't you hate it when the 'Easy Open Notch' on your bag of chips turns out to be not so easy?
Tuesday at 11:45 PM
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I've also been on meds for a long time. I'm horribly socially awkward at times so I actually limit time I spend around people because it just gets weird for everyone. I do best just having brief encounters with acquaintances. That's what I'm comfortable with. 

Why do you feel you are smothering them? Do they say something that suggests they feel that way or are you perceiving it that way? When they ask you why you want to get away you could tell them that you value them in your life too and like to spend time with them. It's healthy to have more than your husband as your friend so I'm a little confused about why they would ask such a thing. Perhaps it is they who have social issues. lol

The best thing you can do is communicate openly. Get to know people a little at a time so you don't feel as if you're getting attached too quickly. Give yourself and them room to breathe in between visits. Most importantly. Just be yourself. And here I sit giving advice and I don't have one friend. But as I previously stated, I'm okay with that. And oh hell, I won't even go anon this time. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SissyAnn141:

Quoting BL2010:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN