Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

have you gotten pregnant having sex while on your period?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Have any of you gotten pregnant from having sex while on your period? So I have been off birth control for 2 years. Hubby and I do the pull out he only ejaculates inside me when I'm on my period, and for 2 years it has worked. I am just a little worried now because we had sex on Friday which I was on my period but it was an abnormal period it was my 6th day of bleeding which I usually only last 4-5 days. Well after we had sex I didn't bleed anymore and I have this pink pad app that tells me when I'm ovulating and stuff it helps me keep track of all that and guess what... Saturday it said the flowers were blooming. So now I'm worried that I'm gonna end up pregnant. If it happens than its all our fault and we will deal with it but I just want to know if this has happened to anyone else. It's gonna be a looong couple weeks before I find out if I do get pregnant lol.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 16, 2014 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this
It is entirely possible to get pregnant on your period.
tiffluv81
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Most women have normal 28- to 32-day cycles, and if someone with this cycle has an average two- to eight-day period, she will not get pregnant during her period.

Special Circumstances

However, not every woman follows a 28- to 32-day cycle. "In less common scenarios, a woman with a shorter menstrual cycle (24 days, for example), could have seven days of bleeding, have intercourse on her final day of bleeding, and ovulate three days later," Dr. Hakakha says. "Since sperm live for three to five days, she could definitely get pregnant."

In addition, some women experience breakthrough spotting or bleeding between periods. This can occur during ovulation and be mistaken for a period, making it difficult to establish the exact place in the menstrual cycle.

If you had unprotected sex during your period and are concerned that you may be pregnant, look out for symptoms like mild lower abdominal cramping, spotting (implantation spotting, a fairly common cause of bleeding once the egg has been fertilized), breast tenderness and moodiness. These symptoms can occur as early as two weeks after ovulation.

Other, more common, pregnancy symptoms to watch out for will manifest closer to six or seven weeks' gestation, and include nausea, vomiting and severe fatigue

nurse1997
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 6:54 PM
3 moms liked this

YES YES YES  PLEASE EDUCATE YOUR SELF REGARDING SEX U NEED IT!

bellydancer1984
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:17 PM

i am pregnant now and i was using neuva ring...i got pregnant the week it was out for my period....it is pretty unusual for that to happen but certainly not impossible!!!

bellydancer1984
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:18 PM

i had a normal 28 day cycle while using neuva ring and got pregnant the week it was out for my period after using it for 2 years......

Quoting tiffluv81:

Most women have normal 28- to 32-day cycles, and if someone with this cycle has an average two- to eight-day period, she will not get pregnant during her period.

Special Circumstances

However, not every woman follows a 28- to 32-day cycle. "In less common scenarios, a woman with a shorter menstrual cycle (24 days, for example), could have seven days of bleeding, have intercourse on her final day of bleeding, and ovulate three days later," Dr. Hakakha says. "Since sperm live for three to five days, she could definitely get pregnant."

In addition, some women experience breakthrough spotting or bleeding between periods. This can occur during ovulation and be mistaken for a period, making it difficult to establish the exact place in the menstrual cycle.

If you had unprotected sex during your period and are concerned that you may be pregnant, look out for symptoms like mild lower abdominal cramping, spotting (implantation spotting, a fairly common cause of bleeding once the egg has been fertilized), breast tenderness and moodiness. These symptoms can occur as early as two weeks after ovulation.

Other, more common, pregnancy symptoms to watch out for will manifest closer to six or seven weeks' gestation, and include nausea, vomiting and severe fatigue

thefiregoddess
by Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 3:41 AM
Yes I did and I know for a fact it was then.. it was a date rape and the only time I had had sex in six months. :/
TB78
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:24 AM

No because we use condoms when i'm on my period. I wouldn't want hubby to get anything nasty from my period. We also wait until i'm almost through before having sex and he wears the condom.

JoshSteph
by New Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Would you leave the Nuvaring for three weeks and then take it out or would you leave it on for four weeks and then take it out?  I have been on the Nuvaring for 7 years.  How scary.  I have to kids and would die if that would happen to me.  blank stare

Quoting bellydancer1984:

i had a normal 28 day cycle while using neuva ring and got pregnant the week it was out for my period after using it for 2 years.....

JoshSteph
by New Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Personally, I think you could.  I got prego with my son 7 years ago because the hubs and I had sex on the last day of my period.

surprise mini 

Owensmommy32010
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Please please educate yourself about this

Inside a woman's body, sperm can live for up to five days depending on the conditions. If you have unprotected sex even a few days before your partner ovulates, there is a chance of achieving a pregnancy.

{I Make Siggy's} Wife to Rob*9.2.06* & Momma to Owen*3.3.10*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)