Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you feel safe at home alone with your kids?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 180 Replies
3 moms liked this

Poll

Question: Do you feel safe alone with your kids?

Options:

Perfectly safe

Sometimes I worry

I HATE BEING ALONE!

other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 377

View Results

When you're home alone with the kids late at night, do you feel safe, or do you sometimes feel scared? Do you have a plan for if someone broke into your home?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommybear91
by Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:32 AM
3 moms liked this
I get lonely sometimes but yea I feel safe.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:33 AM
11 moms liked this

I feel completely safe. My dog barks whenever anybody comes into the yard, so she'd alert me if I didn't hear them myself. The doors are always locked and I have easy access to a gun and ammo if necessary.

SnapIt
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Hell yeah
IhartU
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:36 AM

My husband works third shift leaving me home all night with the kids. I was never scared before but now that an angry ex boyfriend has moved into the apt next to mine- someone who HATES me, I am constantly in fear that he'll break and kill us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:41 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm alone by necessity.  DH works out of town.  But we live in a quiet rural area, I have an alarm system and dogs, so having someone break into my home doesn't worry me at all.

What worries me is if I had a medical emergency and I couldn't get to a phone.  The only person I talk to on a daily basis is my DH and he probably wouldn't get too worried unless he couldn't get in touch with me in the evenings when we usually talk.  I've actually made him promise to have someone check on me if he doesn't get a text message from me by lunchtime.  Lol.  I know I'm paranoid, but I worry more for my little ones sake than for my own.  

snowangel1979
by Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:58 AM
I votes sometimes I worry, but generally I feel safe.
DH is gone for work like 36+ hours at a time 2 times a week. So I'm home alone overnight 2 nights a week.
We live in a rural community. If I hit the panic allarm on my car I'm sure one of the neighbors would show up, they know I'm home alone. I also have a big mean projective dog, IDK what she is she's 1/2 lab and supposed to be 1/2 pitbull but she's a BIG dog and used to tower over our actual pitbull or staffy. (and she's grown since then. LOL. ) We joke that the other dog would most likely pee if someone broke in and the person would slip and fall.

I'm more worried about having to go out an protect the chickens or a wild animal. LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2014 at 11:55 AM
6 moms liked this
I have a 100 lb dog and I'm very capable of using a machete and have so much rage inside me I sometimes hope someone would just give a slight reason to unleash it upon them!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2014 at 12:41 PM

I think everyone gets lonely, but that's a far cry from being afraid to be alone in the house.

Quoting mommybear91: I get lonely sometimes but yea I feel safe.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2014 at 12:41 PM

I don't know if I'd feel safe with a gun in the house. I've just read too many horror stories, ya know?

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel completely safe. My dog barks whenever anybody comes into the yard, so she'd alert me if I didn't hear them myself. The doors are always locked and I have easy access to a gun and ammo if necessary.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2014 at 12:42 PM

So you never get afraid when you're alone in the house?

Quoting SnapIt: Hell yeah

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)