Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

i'm so mad!

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 5:49 PM
  • 331 Replies

So my boyfriend went to a funeral for a friends grandmother today and apparently the funeral and everything was near my bf's mother's house. So of course he just HAD to stop by her house when the funeral was over with (they're VERY close). 

I am SUPER pissed off that he stopped by her house just to say hi. wtf for??? because he was like right by her house?? big deal. she works from home and the time that he stopped over was still a part of her work day..so why bother her? plus, he could've been home like an hour earlier than he was if he wouldn't have stopped there!!  

is family that important to you guys?? do you just stop by your parent's house/family members house if you're nearby?? if so, why? how often do you communicate with/see your mom, for instance?

i'm not super close with my family, so i don't understand this sh*t. there was no necessary/logical need to stop by his mother's house instead of coming straight home to his FAMILY.  he wants to say hi? then he can say it in one of their 10,000 texts they send each other everyday.  he was super close to her house? big freakin' deal. she would've never known (well, his mom prob would have because he would've told her about the funeral and where it was and then she would've said 'oh you should stop by quick afterwards'..blah, blah, blah..)

I wish he was more like how my mom/family and i are: we live states away, don't see each other, we call or text here and there.. yet, magically, we all still love each other (even though we're not up each other's asses 24 hours/day).   my boyfriend makes it seem like if you don't see/talk to your mom/family every single day that there's no way you could love them or that they could love you...  goodness gracious.

Rant over!  :)

by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 24, 2014 at 5:56 PM
37 moms liked this

Why would you ever get mad if your bf stops by his parents house?  You need to get priorities straight here. Family means everything to a lot of people.  Maybe he needs to dump you if you are that pissed over this. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:00 PM
12 moms liked this

wow that seems like a very pathetic reason to get angry at him!!! my husband and i both stop at both parents houses if we're ever passing by... are you really that clingy that he has to come straight home to you?!?!?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:02 PM
4 moms liked this

Are you young?  You sound 16. 

amybrg86
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Why would you ever get mad if your bf stops by his parents house?  You need to get priorities straight here. Family means everything to a lot of people.  Maybe he needs to dump you if you are that pissed over this. 

we aren't fighting about it or anything. i feel MUCH better that i told him how i felt and i feel MUCH better venting about it on here. 

i was mad because i don't see it as necessary. my family is important to me, too i just dont' need to be involved in every aspect of their life/lives like my bf and his mom are. it's very overwhelming and super annoying in my opinion. 

amybrg86
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

wow that seems like a very pathetic reason to get angry at him!!! my husband and i both stop at both parents houses if we're ever passing by... are you really that clingy that he has to come straight home to you?!?!?

really?   i mean i would prefer that he come straight home, but if he wasn't/isn't going to i'd prefer him to go ANYWHERE except to his mom's house. 

amybrg86
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:06 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you young?  You sound 16. 

I'm 28.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:08 PM
12 moms liked this

Quoting amybrg86:

Quoting Anonymous:

really?   i mean i would prefer that he come straight home, but if he wasn't/isn't going to i'd prefer him to go ANYWHERE except to his mom's house. 

He needs to dump you. 

KRISTAL_WILDER
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:08 PM
3 moms liked this

He should break up with you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:08 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting amybrg86:

Quoting Anonymous:

What is so wrong with his mom??? If you guys get married she isn't going to go anywhere!!! you marry him she is part of your family too..

amybrg86
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting amybrg86:

Quoting Anonymous:

What is so wrong with his mom??? If you guys get married she isn't going to go anywhere!!! you marry him she is part of your family too..

she really is a very nice lady; she's just very overbearing and waaaaay too involved in my bf's life and our son's life. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)