Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you work on your Birthday?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:23 PM
  • 78 Replies
Never!! I have yet to work on my birthday! I always give a 4wk notice and manage to my shift changed! I always do it somehow! I began working at 14yrs old and now I'm 31 so I feel since I never have worked on my birthday technically I'm a teenager lol so what about you?
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
morgiefae
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a couple times. since i'm 31 as well, and started workign at the same age, could that make me still a teenager too??!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Birthday are just another crap day to be disappointed with, so yes, when I had a job I always worked on my birthday.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:28 PM
4 moms liked this

If I was scheduled, of course I did.  I see no reason to have tried to get off work.  We always figure we can celebrate another day, after work or whatever.  Does sound teenagerish.

cuauhtemocsmom
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:37 PM
😐 ok then

Quoting Anonymous:

Birthday are just another crap day to be disappointed with, so yes, when I had a job I always worked on my birthday.

shortyalicia
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

If my birthday falls during the week, yes I work. It is a different story if it is on a weekend. 

WillowGrace
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep! I work on mine, my husbands, my children's, if I'm scheduled I'm working! I only work 3 months of the year and it's only on Saturday and Sunday, however I make incredible money. So if a birthday falls on one of those days, I work, with 5 kids, we need all the money we can get! Those 3 months (first weekend of August till the last weekend of November) of income pays for Christmas, school shopping, shoes, clothes, supplies, ect. And groceries! It also pays for their birthday parties and gifts. So it upsets them sometimes that I have to work on someone's birthday or mine, but they all understand why I do it. And I am glad I'm no longer a teenager! I've been working since I was 16, (had a child at 15) and now I'm 32, and loving every moment of getting older!
happinessforyou
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Yes- I really don't like to celebrate my b-day... although the alternative is not so great either....

LyTe684
by Tasha on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Usually, yes.
Tuned.Out
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was working. If my b-day fell on a work day, I worked.

nerdymom28
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

My birthday is just another normal day to me. Nothing changes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN