Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you work on your Birthday?

Never!! I have yet to work on my birthday! I always give a 4wk notice and manage to my shift changed! I always do it somehow! I began working at 14yrs old and now I'm 31 so I feel since I never have worked on my birthday technically I'm a teenager lol so what about you?
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Replies (11-20):
cuauhtemocsmom
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:20 PM
3 month?! Lucky!!

Quoting WillowGrace: Yep! I work on mine, my husbands, my children's, if I'm scheduled I'm working! I only work 3 months of the year and it's only on Saturday and Sunday, however I make incredible money. So if a birthday falls on one of those days, I work, with 5 kids, we need all the money we can get! Those 3 months (first weekend of August till the last weekend of November) of income pays for Christmas, school shopping, shoes, clothes, supplies, ect. And groceries! It also pays for their birthday parties and gifts. So it upsets them sometimes that I have to work on someone's birthday or mine, but they all understand why I do it. And I am glad I'm no longer a teenager! I've been working since I was 16, (had a child at 15) and now I'm 32, and loving every moment of getting older!
AlanyaKaye
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Yup. If I'm scheduled to work I do.

juli84
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Always have! Its not a big deal but I will never work on my sons birthday.

WillowGrace
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 12:08 AM
Yea I work at my local Renaissance Faire. iWork other events throughout the year, but the main one is the Faire. I babysit as well, and my husband works full time. So I have been allotted the privilege of staying home with my kids! Next year (school year) I will look for something more permanent (as long as they understand that I will still do the Faire, I love my job there) cause all of my kids will be in full day school.

Quoting cuauhtemocsmom: 3 month?! Lucky!!

Quoting WillowGrace: Yep! I work on mine, my husbands, my children's, if I'm scheduled I'm working! I only work 3 months of the year and it's only on Saturday and Sunday, however I make incredible money. So if a birthday falls on one of those days, I work, with 5 kids, we need all the money we can get! Those 3 months (first weekend of August till the last weekend of November) of income pays for Christmas, school shopping, shoes, clothes, supplies, ect. And groceries! It also pays for their birthday parties and gifts. So it upsets them sometimes that I have to work on someone's birthday or mine, but they all understand why I do it. And I am glad I'm no longer a teenager! I've been working since I was 16, (had a child at 15) and now I'm 32, and loving every moment of getting older!
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 26, 2014 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm a SAHM. So yes! Lol
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jun. 26, 2014 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes, yes, but Thanksgiving falls on my birthday periodically and that usually means a day off.

cuauhtemocsmom
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 10:47 AM
I remember those day!! I'm super jealous!! Lucky lady!

Quoting Hottmomma607: I'm a SAHM. So yes! Lol
cuauhtemocsmom
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 10:48 AM
A holiday? That can be good and bad but I'm saying good cause of the food!! 😋

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Sometimes, yes, but Thanksgiving falls on my birthday periodically and that usually means a day off.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 26, 2014 at 10:49 AM
Hehehehe ;-)

Quoting cuauhtemocsmom: I remember those day!! I'm super jealous!! Lucky lady!

Quoting Hottmomma607: I'm a SAHM. So yes! Lol
Maries_Mom23
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 10:50 AM

When I was still working, I always worked on my birthday.  DH has only had his birthday off if he just happened to be scheduled off that day.  I think he was off 2 years ago for his birthday and he works this year.  No need to waste a vacation day...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)