Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you work on your Birthday?

Never!! I have yet to work on my birthday! I always give a 4wk notice and manage to my shift changed! I always do it somehow! I began working at 14yrs old and now I'm 31 so I feel since I never have worked on my birthday technically I'm a teenager lol so what about you?
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Replies (31-40):
cuauhtemocsmom
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 6:13 PM
😱😱 a double! I've inly done that a handful of times and it's usually so I don't have to go to some dreadful family event lol

Quoting lesalmi: Yep. I usually pick up a double
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 26, 2014 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Usually not because my b day is the day after Christmas and I usually have that off from work. I can't remember the last time I worked on my bday and I often have my dh request my bday off too!

littlelamb303
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to work full time as a teacher, so I was off in the summer(birthday in July). I think I probably worked on my birthday when I was working retail jobs etc.  while I was in HS and college. I don't really remember though, lol  . 

thefiregoddess
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this
No. There are three days a year I don't work. My birthday, kiddos birthday (usually falls on or near memorial day) and dfs birthday.

I will work any shift any day, even holidays but not those three days.
Pink_Sunshine_
by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 6:37 PM

My birthday is no big deal. It's just a day. I will work if I have to. 

lesalmi
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 7:04 PM
Up until recently I worked afternoons so I started at 2. Not a whole lot I'm gonna do before then might as well make $

Quoting cuauhtemocsmom: 😱😱 a double! I've inly done that a handful of times and it's usually so I don't have to go to some dreadful family event lol

cuauhtemocsmom
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 7:33 PM
Right on!! I love it!!

Quoting thefiregoddess: No. There are three days a year I don't work. My birthday, kiddos birthday (usually falls on or near memorial day) and dfs birthday.

I will work any shift any day, even holidays but not those three days.
cuauhtemocsmom
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh nice. I hope you get double spoiled! My DH bday is Christmas and I over do it all the time! I make it a big deal lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Usually not because my b day is the day after Christmas and I usually have that off from work. I can't remember the last time I worked on my bday and I often have my dh request my bday off too!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 26, 2014 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

grow a pair!

your birthday is nothing special, you can celebrate it any day you please.  Yes, I have worked on my birthday every year it lands on a work day

cuauhtemocsmom
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 7:35 PM
I suppose

Quoting lesalmi: Up until recently I worked afternoons so I started at 2. Not a whole lot I'm gonna do before then might as well make $

Quoting cuauhtemocsmom: 😱😱 a double! I've inly done that a handful of times and it's usually so I don't have to go to some dreadful family event lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN