Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you work on your Birthday?

Never!! I have yet to work on my birthday! I always give a 4wk notice and manage to my shift changed! I always do it somehow! I began working at 14yrs old and now I'm 31 so I feel since I never have worked on my birthday technically I'm a teenager lol so what about you?
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Replies (41-50):
cuauhtemocsmom
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 7:36 PM
Never! I chose to enjoy it and I so did!! I had a blast like every year!! You're right it's not special to anyone else but me and that's ok!

Quoting Anonymous:

grow a pair!

your birthday is nothing special, you can celebrate it any day you please.  Yes, I have worked on my birthday every year it lands on a work day

DensHag
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I am retired now but for about the last 10 years that I worked, I always took vacation for my birthday and Mothers Day, and my kids birthdays. I did shift work and worked weekends. I just always arranged ahead of time to have those days off...mine and my YDD's birthdays are in April and my ODD's is in December.
ladymaleficent
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Never I always take a personal day
cuauhtemocsmom
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 7:44 PM
Awesome!!

Quoting DensHag: I am retired now but for about the last 10 years that I worked, I always took vacation for my birthday and Mothers Day, and my kids birthdays. I did shift work and worked weekends. I just always arranged ahead of time to have those days off...mine and my YDD's birthdays are in April and my ODD's is in December.
cuauhtemocsmom
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 7:46 PM
Yes! Awesome!

Quoting ladymaleficent: Never I always take a personal day
LauraLuciferMom
by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I always work on my birthday. I'm a SAHM..
mrobinson44
by New Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 7:51 PM
What do you do for a living

Quoting WillowGrace: Yep! I work on mine, my husbands, my children's, if I'm scheduled I'm working! I only work 3 months of the year and it's only on Saturday and Sunday, however I make incredible money. So if a birthday falls on one of those days, I work, with 5 kids, we need all the money we can get! Those 3 months (first weekend of August till the last weekend of November) of income pays for Christmas, school shopping, shoes, clothes, supplies, ect. And groceries! It also pays for their birthday parties and gifts. So it upsets them sometimes that I have to work on someone's birthday or mine, but they all understand why I do it. And I am glad I'm no longer a teenager! I've been working since I was 16, (had a child at 15) and now I'm 32, and loving every moment of getting older!
StreetsAhead
by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 7:57 PM
Yes, of course I do.
BrooklynsMom11
by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope. I always put advance notice in for it off. I also take the kids birthday off and keep them home from daycare to do something fun.
cuauhtemocsmom
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:46 PM
Lucky!

Quoting LauraLuciferMom: I always work on my birthday. I'm a SAHM..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN