Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Like Grandma Used To Make

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:53 PM
  • 33 Replies
I woke the kids to homemade waffles this morning. Not just any homemade waffles though, these are my Grandmas recipe. Passed down 5 generations, I will pass it along to my kids and hopefully so on. These golden, fluffy, waffles are like no other and, for me, fill the house with the smell of home and memories, to my kids, it's the smell of good food made by a Mother who loves them. I am always greeted with smiles and loving hugs when they wake to that smell and it warms my heart. The aroma lingers in the house til' lunch, keeping that warm feeling alive. I know, in time, these waffles will be nostalgic to my kids as well and as the waffles cook, filling the home with that O so familiar smell, they, too, will be flooded by feelings of love, home and family.

What about you? Do you have a family recipe that reminds you of your childhood?

by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2014 at 8:54 AM
2 moms liked this

That is so sweet. As far as my own I have too many to list! LOL Love them all!

newwifenmom
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Grandma's gingerbread, her buttermilk fried chicken that my mom makes, squash casserole, tea cakes...
WickedOpal
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this

NO.  :(

NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Lefse, krumkeke, thin pancakes with lingon berries
sapphirelibra
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:35 PM
My Grandma has a zucchini casserole that she makes that has cheese and bread crumbs, it is so amazing. Everything you mentioned made me hungry.

Quoting newwifenmom: Grandma's gingerbread, her buttermilk fried chicken that my mom makes, squash casserole, tea cakes...
newwifenmom
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
My grandma made hers like that too lol. Home cooking is so good. I hope I can pass recipes to my grandchildren too.

Quoting sapphirelibra: My Grandma has a zucchini casserole that she makes that has cheese and bread crumbs, it is so amazing. Everything you mentioned made me hungry.

Quoting newwifenmom: Grandma's gingerbread, her buttermilk fried chicken that my mom makes, squash casserole, tea cakes...
Jtcjtmom
by New Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 11:30 PM
Yes my grandma used to make chicken and dumplings and corn casserole.
juli84
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 11:59 PM
Beans & cornbread
juli84
by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Are you talking about crepes?

Quoting NDADanceMom: Lefse, krumkeke, thin pancakes with lingon berries
jessi2girls
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:04 AM

pin wheel cookies... I used to bake them with my grandma (and a lot of other goodies) as a kid.. those and carmel covered marshmellows remind me most of my childhood with my grandma.. and of course we have to have the radio on to the dirty dancing sound track, and dance around like crazy loons, singing with spatulas and batter covered spoons lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN