Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bad Mommy??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I'm sitting at the inlaws and my dd picks up a toy that is laying in the floor. All if a sudden I hear my brother in law ask why does my daughter have the right to play with his Childs toy when last week when we were over my dd wouldn't let his kids play with her toy? My DD is 4 and I thought that was a little harsh. To make matters worse his wife asks for the toy back. I immediately gathered my dd and told my husband quietly I wanted to leave, I am pregnant and wasn't comfortable at all at this point.

Next thing I know I am getting yelled at and getting called a drama queen by my husband. Which of course sent me in to tears.

I kno some of you think maybe me wanting to just leave was dramatic but every time we come over my kids get blamed for everything. Their child is aggressive and stabs ppl with a nail and its my kids fault. Their child tackles my kids and when they fight back my kids are monsters. I was just tired of my kids getting singled out. We cant avoid the brother in law and his family because they live with my husbands mom and dad and that's really who we go to see.

I am just so upset. What would you do?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PogoPalOj
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have your parents in law come to see you.  That way they get quality time with you and your child.  I've met parents like this and avoid them at all costs.  Dont mess with my kid or my psyco will come out!

Your husband should understand that you are pregnant and don't need anymore drama in your life.  grrrrrr

BradleysMom2014
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:04 PM

STABS SOMEONE WITH A NAIL?!:!:!!:!:!?!?!?!  uhmmmm please be exaggerating...

and if this constantly happens say the in laws can come visit you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Since they are constantly blaming everything on your kids I don't think you're being dramatic at all.  Personally I think I would just avoid going over there for awhile and let your in laws know the reason and tell them if they want to see you and the kids they can come to your house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:21 PM
Quoting BradleysMom2014:

STABS SOMEONE WITH A NAIL?!:!:!!:!:!?!?!?!  uhmmmm please be exaggerating...

and if this constantly happens say the in laws can come visit you

No I am not exaggerating my child has a mark from it, he kept walking up and stabbing my youngest but it was my Childs fault because according to them he did something to deserve it. Its sad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:39 PM

I encouraged sharing at a young age.  I would not have left over what happened though.  Petty issues to me. 

Monsita
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this
You are not a bad Mom!

If it was me, I would had done the same thing: get my kids and leave!!

Your husband needs to wake up and smell the coffee!!! Lol
Take your side and be by it.
Hugs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:33 PM

I know it was petty but I have been so stressed beyond belief this week and at the time I just didnt want to sit and hear about how my kids are horrible spawns of Satan. My kids do share, they are actually the type of kids who try to give other kids their toys. My main issue is if it was such an issue a week ago why bring it up now and why try to punish a child for a week old offense. To me that was even more petty than me wanting to leave.

Quoting Anonymous:

I encouraged sharing at a young age.  I would not have left over what happened though.  Petty issues to me. 

PinkButterfly66
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't have quitely told him I wanted to leave, I would have gathered my stuff and told him we were leaving now.

Wakkoe
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:24 PM
OMG the nerve of your hubby. Yes have your in law over let them know how you feel. I went through it but the sad thing it was with my own sister, glad that my hubby support me all the way. Also there's nothing wrong teaching your children to defend themselves. Well wish you luck.
RavenOlson
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Awh those poor kids... Tell the inlaws to visit you, because you are concerned for your kids safety, and as well as yours and the baby, you don't need all that stress. And if they bitch about it, say it's here or nothing, not putting your babies in danger. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)