Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Where did you kid(s) name(s) come from?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:59 PM
  • 39 Replies

Where did you get the idea to name your children or child what you did? Our Oldest, Greyson Merritt, was named that simply because we liked it, lol. Then we had Piper Gwendolyn. Gwendolyn was my grand mothers name. Christian David was named after My dad, who's name is David. Then, we had Landry Faith, a name that we both just like. (those are first and middle names.) What are your kids names and where did you get them?

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newwifenmom
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 4:21 PM
The bible for his first name, we both liked Matthew and DH had a friend named Alexander and really liked the name for his middle name.
Mom100WV
by New Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

The 2009 Horse of the Year, who happened to be a filly that outran all the boys.  Rachel Alexandra.   

momofthem311
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 11:12 PM
I just liked the names. Lilly and Dylan. Of course now they are on the baby names lists. They weren't when I named them.
mariesmama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:20 AM

marie elizabeth i named her marie because my stepmom a friend when i had noone, died the day before i found out i was pregnant hubby gave her elizabeth

LeopardLady83
by New Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 7:57 PM
My daughter's name is Inara Miriam. The name Inara comes from a TV show/movie my husband and I like, TV show Firefly, movie was Serenity. The name Miriam was my grandmother's middle name, but is what everyone used to call her.
Our cat is also named after a character from the sane show/movie, River.
quinnsmom715
by on Jul. 4, 2014 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

my son is Quinn Henry.Quinn because his dad watched sliders and Henry after my grandpa..

Hannah002
by New Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:29 AM
My son, Henry Joseph, got Henry because I always loved that name and Joseph is after his god father. My daughter, Jenna, got her name because my hubby wanted it to be a j name and that's the one I fell in love with.
Pink_Sunshine_
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:34 AM

The Bible

RocknRoll.Rose
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 1:20 AM
2 moms liked this
My oldest is biologically my brother but I named him. We were reading a book in school and the main characters' names were Conner and Jacob so I named him Conner Jacob.

My 10 month old daughter is name Tabitha Ashley. Tabitha was my grandmother's name ajd Ashley I just pulled out of the air.

Her twin brother is Wyatt James. Wyatt I got from Charmed and James I always liked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CocolateLady
by New Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 2:26 AM

An actor for the oldest

Out of thin air (popped in my head) for the second

And depending on if this one is a girl it will be after DH mother. If it is a boy......not sure yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)