Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Is summer a free for all at your home?

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 9:41 PM
  • 42 Replies
Our 6 yr old slept until 12:30 today. Guess he was up too late last night. Owell, I'm mom of the year I suppose....lol
Summer is a free for all at our house. For those who might have ugly comments, I have never had a problem getting our kids(we have a 12 yr old too) back on track for school.
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nurse1997
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi doll my kids stay up late and I wish I could get them to go to bed by 11 they are in their late teens but my hubby is like let them stay up it's summer AND I'M LIKE OMG IF I HEAR THEIR VOICES AGAIN I"M GONNA SNAP BY BED TIME LOL ......WHO CARES YOUR HOUSE HOLD YOUR RULES  ;)

dixiegurl223626
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:01 PM
2 moms liked this

summer is a free for all here! We relax in the summer unless we have plans or appointmets.

CafeMom Tickers
smorgan865
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:01 PM
No because DH and I still work, so there is still a schedule.
momofthem311
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:06 PM
Totally understand that! This is the first school year I've worked since our 6 yr old was born and it was at our kids school so I am off for the summer. My husband still works but he has his own construction business so he doesn't have to be at work super early.
I hear ya though, if it were school time right now we'd be on a definite schedule!

Quoting smorgan865: No because DH and I still work, so there is still a schedule.
momofthem311
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Same here. I'm actually starting my own cleaning business so I do not have to go back to my job at the school when school starts back up. I am having some small success and am liking making my own hours.

Quoting dixiegurl223626:

summer is a free for all here! We relax in the summer unless we have plans or appointmets.

Mommy2Boys0900
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
During the summer, my oldest son can stay up as late as he wants and wakes up whenever he wants.
My youngest son and I, we have to get up for daycare/preschool and work, so he stays on his schedule.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2014 at 11:00 PM

I never allowed it.  Mine had to be up at a decent hour and not staying up all night.  Occasionally, yes, but very occasionally like a few times a month.   They were always up at least by 9:30 or 10 and usually by 9. 

amy_dawn
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 11:33 PM
No free for all here. We homeschool all year round, and my youngest ones don't sleep in even when they stay up late (or most of the night--as they have done a couple of times without permission). Some structure is necessary; a good amount of structure is best.
momofthem311
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh I absolutely agree with structure. I happen to have kids that do well, very well actually, without too much of it. I'm no "parenting class" educated parent at all, I just got very lucky with my children. They are highly gifted, articulate and bright children who excel in school despite their lightly structured home life. I'm pretty happy about that.

Quoting amy_dawn: No free for all here. We homeschool all year round, and my youngest ones don't sleep in even when they stay up late (or most of the night--as they have done a couple of times without permission). Some structure is necessary; a good amount of structure is best.
amy_dawn
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 11:54 PM
We had less structure before and did well. But in the past several months, we have had family members living with us. I think that has caused some areas of struggle for my children, and we've had to integrate cousins into the mix. Right now there are 8 children ranging from 18 months to 13 in our house!

Quoting momofthem311: Oh I absolutely agree with structure. I happen to have kids that do well, very well actually, without too much of it. I'm no "parenting class" educated parent at all, I just got very lucky with my children. They are highly gifted, articulate and bright children who excel in school despite their lightly structured home life. I'm pretty happy about that.

Quoting amy_dawn: No free for all here. We homeschool all year round, and my youngest ones don't sleep in even when they stay up late (or most of the night--as they have done a couple of times without permission). Some structure is necessary; a good amount of structure is best.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)