Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Husband won't give up female "friend"

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 1:02 PM
  • 90 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hi all ...this might be a bit long...sorry. My husband and I have been together for eight yrs now. He drives cross country every week. Up until about a month ago I would never have thought is be in the situation I'm in now. My DH schedule was off one day due to Memorial Day...he usually leaves every Wednesday but that week he didn't leave till Thursday. So on that Wed am his ph was sitting out and a text popped up from a woman "when r u driving?" Now I know of this woman b/c he sold a used car of ours to her in December 2013 ...back in dec he told me a friend of a friend got them in contact b/c she needed a car and we had one to sell. That was only time I knew at the time they had contact and he's never spoke of her since. Then a 2nd text popped up "yo call me...". My gut said oh hell no...this woman is way too familiar w/my DH schedule. I just stuffed it down and said to self it can't be. Let me say I've NEVER gone thu DH PH. Well the next week while he was home sleeping he had several missed calls from her so yup I went they ph...all texts from her deleted so I went to our cel records and saw that he's been texting/calling her for last 10 months. He would call/text her before me while he was on road...the texting very excessive 1200 per/mo. When I confronted him he blew me off and got very defensive saying she's just a friend. I told him I have no problem w/ his female friends that I know but this is different...he kept it secret...I ales him to stop talking to her but he won't.
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
little.worthen
by Tess on Jul. 2, 2014 at 1:05 PM
10 moms liked this
There's no way if sit around and out up with that crap.
That is blatant disrespect and if you value yourself as a woman and human being you'd pack a bag and GTFO if he doesn't want to cut the crap.
msjaxon
by Dori on Jul. 2, 2014 at 1:05 PM
5 moms liked this
Lying and secret keeping is not okay. Put him out. Not forever I'm leaving you of course but a you (as in he)need some space to prioritize. Family or this woman.

Female friends are fine but when you can't be upfront about it that's a no go

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maam0609
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 1:12 PM
4 moms liked this

I am sorry you are hurting, and if he won't get rid of her the pain is just starting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 2, 2014 at 1:23 PM
5 moms liked this

Get rid of him. 

tiffsgrandma
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 1:23 PM
11 moms liked this

Any man who keeps a female (friend) secret is having some hanky panky going on with her. Sorry to be so blunt, but he is cheating. Now you need to decide if the marriage is worth saving or time to move on.  He wants his cake and to eat it too. Time to move on!!!!

Cat1014
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 1:49 PM
Thanks all...ya I'm really wanting to leave
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 2:02 PM
4 moms liked this
Go see an attorney and get all your things in order and have him served with divorce papers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 3, 2014 at 11:51 AM
4 moms liked this

I was in a similar situation and it only gets worse. My suggestion is get out why you still have some self respect and don't end up not trusting men at all. The guy that did it to me has ripped my self confidence to shreds and I don't trust men at all. He has me to a point that I feel like I was not good enough for any man. So please don't let that happen to you. Let the other woman have his cheating body. Because if he has done it to you when someone new comes along he will do it to her. As far as the other woman goes why the world would you want someone that you know cheats. Sorry you are going through this it stinks.

Cat1014
by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:46 PM
Oh and it gets better...he said he's not talking to her anymore and he deleted her contact from his phone....but he his her number in his notes. When I confronted him he got defensive and angry and refuses to discuss w/me.
Cat1014
by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Meant hid her number
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)