Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

My Friend told me a dark secret i don't know what to do.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

I have known this girl for about 7 years and the last past 2 years we have gotten closer. Well a few months ago she told me a really dark secret that i have kept to myself. Let me first say this girl was so into her church and religion, husband and into her kids one of the best moms i know. She told me that she was cheating on her husband now for a few months. She now goes out with the other guy parting and drinking and staying out all night. I told her i don't agree with her and she needs to stop seeing that guy. But i am still there for her. Well She told another friend that i don't know that well that goes to their church. The so called friend told almost the whole church including my friend's boss who is also a member of the church. My friend has no idea they all know. I want to tell my friend but  i don't want to get mixed up in the drama and i don't want to risk my job. Because her boss is also mine. What should i do?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smorgan865
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:45 PM
If that many people know, she'll find out soon enough. Honestly I'd say just leave it be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Thank you i was thinking that would be the best thing!!

Mommy2bbyboy
by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 3:01 AM
Mind your buisness and be there for her:... Were human and we all make mistakes and sin!! That's what best friends are for. Understanding and there when you're needed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 3, 2014 at 11:02 AM

We had a friend who did this.  Of course he got found out.  He actually went to an NBA game with the mistress where our friend saw him.  What an idiot.  His wife was pregnant with twins.  The wife figured it out whent he twins were about a month old and she divorced his ass. 

I don't think I could be as close as friends with someone after finding out they cheated though.  Just me.  Cheater is the Cardinal sin to me.  I can't tolerate it at all and I have never been cheated on.

ladybugchick317
by Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 11:22 AM

That is something that she needs to deal with. It is not your place to tell her what things are being said and to who. She is the one that told this other person not you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 3, 2014 at 10:18 PM

Thank you all for your advice i am going to keep my mouth shut. When you do dirt it will find a way to come out.

MyHeartDA
by New Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 6:57 AM
She trusted you with a secret, I would just stay out of it, and be their for her when the s*** hits the fan.
LaDiosa
by on Jul. 4, 2014 at 7:11 AM
Please!!!! If she was really ur friend u would have already told her.
PogoPalOj
by Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 7:13 AM

Just keep your mouth shut and let life take its course.  You don't need the drama or the hassle.  You have kept her secret.  If she blabbed, then its on her and her poor husband will find out eventually.  Good luck.

Aslen
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 7:18 AM

Just enjoy the karma show. When she comes to you crying, and she will, remind her she made her bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)